"analog only" with DCS passing digital audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
My local department uses both analog and digital on the same channel.

I would like to program both "digital only" and "analog only" into two separate channels.

The "digital only" channel works fine, only passing decoded digital audio.

But the "analog only" channel, even though I have it set to "analog only" and have it restricted to the department's DCS of DCS025, also passes the digital "hash" when they transmit in digital.

Is this a shortcoming in the scanner, a misunderstanding of how to do this on my part, or could it be that their transmitter is transmitting digital audio that INCLUDES the DCS, thereby making it impossible to eliminate the hash?

Thoughts?

teufler

156.21 shows a nac code of 067. rereading your post, it looks like you have a 396xt scanner, it appears ther sheriff is transmitting a cds code, but I am unaware if the radio can transmit a dcs code while tranitting a nac code also. You might try creating a second group, put one or the other in a secoind group then delete so each group has only an analog in one and a digital in the other. assign a quck key to each so you can turn one off. Just checking to see if both in the same group is a problem.

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Good ideas. I'll try that.

By the way, I have done the same thing in my Home Patrol (1), and it works as expected.

Scott

Voyager

or could it be that their transmitter is transmitting digital audio that INCLUDES the DCS, thereby making it impossible to eliminate the hash?

That's about the only thing I can think of. Is your digital channel immediately proceeding the analog channel? If so, that will reduce the chances of hitting a digital transmission on the analog channel. You just have to make sure your scan direction is always 'up'.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Try doing a "search" setting for the PL-DPL-NAC for the freq. As they transmit you can see which ones they use on each transmission. Maybe they changed something recently. Just an idea, not necessarily a good one.

N8IAA

Good ideas. I'll try that.

By the way, I have done the same thing in my Home Patrol (1), and it works as expected.

Scott

Is the same traffic passed on both the analog and digital dispatches?
If so, then you would only need one or the other.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.