DSDPlus Analog Recording from FMP24

Status
Not open for further replies.

racingfan360

Hi: Can anyone advise on how to log/record analog signals from FMP24?

I'm looking to setup a basic single dongle system runningFMP24/DSD+
Logging and recording digital signals is great with DSD+ Fastlane: it creates per transmission recording, and adds frequency to the filename from the FMP24 scanlist. I can also get DSD+ to pass analog to hear it live. But is there any way to log/record these signals in the same way as DSD+ does? Ideally it would add PL/DPL decoding too and add this to the recording filename. I might consider adding a second dongle if an analog-only solution was available.
Any ideas? TIA

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
DSDPlus only allows listening to analog transmissions. It won't record or do anything more than that with them.

However, you can get a free program like Audacity and VBCable and then send that analog audio through VBCable to Audacity and set it to VOX recording. This way it will just start and stop recording when there is audio.

That has been my method for a long time now for analog. Except I don't use FMPx or DSDPlus for that. I would use SDRSharp or SDRConsole as the tuner "source". It allows more flexibility to control the audio you send for recording.

hrh17

You can do raw recording of analog audio through dsdplus how ever the file size produced it's not worth it

racingfan360

Thanks for the replies. I probably should have emphasized the log AND record aspect of the question, in that if I scanned several analogue frequencies, I wouldnt know from which frequency the recorded audio related. Perhaps a feature request for a future release...

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
hrh17 is right in that it will do raw source recording but as stated it's really not very useful at all in this scenario and will produce files that are way too big.

To be honest your BEST and most reliable method of doing this is with a setup of a 436/536HP or SDS100/200 scanner with Proscan and an audio link from scanner to computer. The software will log the relevant frequency info and match it up with the recordings for easy identification later. Plus you will get logs of any tones along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.