Analog scanners that do "search and store"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB2GOM

As I get deeper into using scanners, I find I am more interested in analog channels.

Are there any analog scanners that can search a designated chunk of spectrum -- perhaps even for hours -- and store any active channels in a memory bank that the user designates?

I could see, for example, having a bank of known active marine frequencies in my area. What I would like to do is scan all marine frequencies and have the scanner add any additional active frequencies to my bank of marine frequencies.

Are there any scanners that can do that?

Or perhaps am I asking the wrong question?

majoco

Stirrer
I have Unidens UBCT8 and UBCT126 and they will sort of do what you want but not quite! You can set up a band to search but if and when it stops on an active frequency you have to press a particular button to save it to a memory bank. I'm not at home right now but I seem to think that the "scan125" software allows the automatic saving of channel and frequency - I'll get back to you later.

KB2GOM

I have Unidens UBCT8 and UBCT126 and they will sort of do what you want but not quite! You can set up a band to search but if and when it stops on an active frequency you have to press a particular button to save it to a memory bank. I'm not at home right now but I seem to think that the "scan125" software allows the automatic saving of channel and frequency - I'll get back to you later.
I would appreciate that.

StuScanner

Are there any analog scanners that can search a designated chunk of spectrum -- perhaps even for hours -- and store any active channels in a memory bank that the user designates?

Are there any scanners that can do that?

Radio Shack Pro-2042. Designate a save-to bank, upper and lower frequency search limits and let her rip. 10 hundred channel slots available for automatic storage, plus another hundred in a "Monitor" bank to manually save from the same kind of search.

wtp

radio shack pro 2035 and 2042
Auto Store - quickly finds and automatically stores active frequencies in channels, then searches for additional active frequencies while skipping previously stored channels.
and i think that is 1990's tech.

ScubaJungle

The scanner plugin for SDR# will do that, and scan >10MHz of bandwidth per second.
I second this. Not only will you be able to have a scan rate faster than any scanner you can buy - you will also have the ability to try new things like downloading weather satellite images/images of earth from the GOES satellites, AIS, ADS-B, and a billion other things you may find out you like
And the whole kit will only cost you $30 - SDR and antenna

KB2GOM

I second this. Not only will you be able to have a scan rate faster than any scanner you can buy - you will also have the ability to try new things like downloading weather satellite images/images of earth from the GOES satellites, AIS, ADS-B, and a billion other things you may find out you like
And the whole kit will only cost you $30 - SDR and antenna

Link, please?

ScubaJungle

Search all the tutorials here:

Status
Not open for further replies.