Analog v Digital Scanner Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmagras01

The local police department in my area recently switched to a digital trunking system. I own a Pro 94 and was wondering if I will still be able to listen to transmissions on my analog scanner or if I should upgrade to a digital scanner, and if I do, if I will be able to listen in or am I just wasting my money.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.610 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

You will need a digital scanner. Either a pro-96 or 106, i suggest the latter.

And I believe the digital uniden models are the 396t and 396xt.

I only listed handheld models. there are base version of each scanner I listed.

troychase

I have a pro-96 digital trunking scanner. All of my programs for Washington, D.C. are programmed correctly. DC Police/DC Fire EMS services operate on 460/850 system. But DC Police have this on 453.4500 frenquency that transmit, but won't come through on the regular scanning system. How can I get that frenquency to show up as a voice channel?

n1das

But DC Police have this on 453.4500 frenquency that transmit, but won't come through on the regular scanning system. How can I get that frenquency to show up as a voice channel?

The channel might be non-APCO-25 data and therefore your scanner won't decode it. If it's not P25 voice data, fuhgheddaboutit.

Have you tried listening to this channel as a conventional channel? It may be a channel that's not part of the trunked system.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.