Analog was alway's best

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
I think that analog was alway's the best type of dependable comms,All this new technical trunking,apco 25,provoice etc..is great when it works...I have heard the ksp simulecast have many issues in bad weather,radio's not decoding as they should..software problem's etc..I don't know that i would want my life or anyone elses depending on all this new high end radio garb...I heard one bad communication's breakdown between an officer and post 9 during a domestic call in a bad storm..The dispatcher coulden't copy anything the officer was saying he went totally (digital) a term they use when there radio's can't decode the signal properly..According to what i have read there supposed to be able to go analog at any time but if this is the case why coulden't the dispatcher have him do that...Well anyway after about 15 mins of trying to contact the state trooper they sent backup to check on him to be sure he was ok...Like i said it's good when it work's but what's the price an officer will have to pay if and when it fail's..My personal opinion is that before any of this equipment is sold to the market it must be tested more extensively than it currently is and just not because Motorola Say's it's gonna work or any other manufacturer for that matter...I have also noticed a lot of comm problems with american electric power's edacs system...in bad weather..Just a thought

car2back

how do you know an anolog transmission wouldn't have broken down the same as the "high end radio garb"?

I agree that digital seems to drop out sooner than analog would (where a analog signal would have came through with static), but it does have it's benefits.

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
Well i don't know that it would not have...But i have been a firefighter for 15 years and i think our station will just remain analog..and i do understand why the new techno stuff came about was the bands getting kinda overcrowded not enough space in the spectrum..but like i said i listen to this digital p25 stuff all day long and i hear 10-9 (reapeat) more times than i can count on my toes...Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.