Analyze coming out soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have both x36's and I see nothing on Analyze coming out. I was hoping it would been before the end of the month April.

shonc182

Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen any update on this anywhere, though I would say end of April is probably not a realistic expectation. The question was asked again in this thread: http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-software-discussion/288828-siren-app-update.html but no answer.... again. This thread discusses the siren app and it is supposedly at least another 30 days out, but there are some problems so who knows. I have to believe that the analyze function is a lower priority than the app and what I believe to be some fundamental flaws in the scanner.

I'm guessing months for analyze, but that is just a guess by a disgruntled customer that will probably just quietly go away and buy from the other guy next time.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen any update on this anywhere, though I would say end of April is probably not a realistic expectation. The question was asked again in this thread: http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-software-discussion/288828-siren-app-update.html but no answer.... again. This thread discusses the siren app and it is supposedly at least another 30 days out, but there are some problems so who knows. I have to believe that the analyze function is a lower priority than the app and what I believe to be some fundamental flaws in the scanner.

I'm guessing months for analyze, but that is just a guess by a disgruntled customer that will probably just quietly go away and buy from the other guy next time.

Siren App is different from Analyze.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Analyse works well in the Home Patrol. Don't know why they couldn't easily move it to the X36 series. I use it occasionally on trunked systems near me. Etrunker is still the best tool for the big EDACS system here.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Yes, we keep hearing about the dongle issue. OK, that explains the Wi-Fi hold up, but why not the analyze yet? As I and many others have pointed out, it's in the HomePatrol, so I don't understand the analyze hold up. But to my knowledge, UPMan has not commented on the analyze features yet.
Steve AA6IO

JamesO

Too many holes to plug and not enough staff to deal with them??

All of these features involve Firmware updates.

Assume with the Firmware you have to be careful and do a lot of testing to make sure these features do not have a negative impact on the basic scanner functions.

Also assume that as these features are added, unforeseen issues arise and need to be addressed.

Additionally there is the "Priority" of these features.

Everyone seems to be screaming about the Siren App and few have been screaming about the Analyze feature.

I am just hopeful by the end of Q2 we will have something new released, basic scanner firmware, the Siren App and/or the Analyze feature.

Also do not forget the development staff and firmware hackers will be taking vacation this Summer unless Uniden has them locked in the basement for the year.

Hopefully it will be about the time we start to toss in the towel that something will be released to rekindle the interests.

As they say, "Patience Grasshopper"!

henrygb

In fact, we are waiting for:

"Analysis Modes include Band Scope, RF Power Plot, Trunked System Analysis, and EDACS/LTR LCN Finder."

too

SquierStrat

anyone else get the feeling that Whistler announcing that their new scanners would be released in the first quarter of this year, caused Uniden to rush the release of these scanners, unfinished?

jdobbs2001

Curious did they market these features as part of the Uniden model that was released? Because if not, then you will see it probably in the next generation model.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
anyone else get the feeling that Whistler announcing that their new scanners would be released in the first quarter of this year, caused Uniden to rush the release of these scanners, unfinished?

That is very logical question. On the other hand if Uniden is the only game in town and their is no competition to them as they put it. Then I don't think it would really matter when Whistler released theirs.

The way I see it is you normally don't do a product revealing like they did 2-3 months before the product actually hit the shelfs unless you're in the final Alpha testing phases. With the mishaps that have happened it does seem this product was rushed for sure and was prematurely announced. You never see Apple announcing a product unless it is ready to launch. Something tells me when this product was announced it wasn't even close to being ready. There would have been no rushing if they had made no announcement. It is what it is now I guess.

JamesO

The product was ready, the "features" were not.

Unfortunately this is very much the new way of doing business these days with downloadable firmware.

Is it the right or best way to do business? Probably not, but this is happening more and more these days.

The Analysis and other features will be delayed due to the Wifi/Smart phone issues because it is likely the same person(s) working on the firmware for these.

Also firmware tends to be a "serial" rather than a "parallel" process within most organizations.

I am expecting that the Analysis features will be released at least 3 months after the WiFi/Smart phone app issue have been resolved?

Hopefully I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.