BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Analyze Feature -Will Uniden Accept Returns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

durangoGreg

At this point, I don't believe a thing Paul says. He's been stringing everyone along for a year with vaporware. A video doesn't prove anything. There was a video over a year ago showing the siren app features. Have we seen anything? NOPE.

Agreed!

I don't know how people can get on here and defend Uniden and try to push the blame on some Wifi Dongle vendor when no one actually knows the truth.

Sure Paul has given us brief, spotty updates but what does that prove. He is just passing the corporate word, for all we know the problem was always on Uniden's end and the Wifi vendor issue was served up by Uniden as an excuse.

Besides ultimately, this product has Uniden's name on it and Uniden is ultimately responsible.

There is no doubt that Uniden false advertised and continues to sell product with ads and packaging that promote non-existent features.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon but Uniden sure is not blameless in the horrible way in which they provided no customer support, no real official information, and no recourse for those caught by the false advertising.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
I wonder when this message in my picture below was added to the video?

As for what XTS3000 said about the video last year. If you watch the video about the BCD536 @ time marker 15:46: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGPEEGw5NzE you will see they show a phone and tablet with what appears to be the siren app on the screen's. Well, that is oddly similar looking to the app that is showed in the latest of "greatest" video's put out by Undone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1GBlAhZxcU

After further looking at the earlier video one could think it was an actually working product, but it is in fact not. What it is however and seems to keep being the them of Undone, is >MISLEADING< :)

Still does not make up for all the other thing's currently going on with these unfinished product's.

Attachments

• UNDONE 2015.jpg
    UNDONE 2015.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 660
  • UNDONE 2.jpg
    UNDONE 2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 640
  • UNDONE 3.jpg
    UNDONE 3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 647

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
Last post on this subject since I no longer own a Uniden radio or ever intend to buy one again. I was using them before some of you were born. Enjoy.

zldp2b.jpg

JoeyC

Good riddance. You've got lots of competition in the scanner field. Good luck with that. Hahaha!

Voyager

The note was added in late 2013 well prior to release.

The top pic is clearly a mockup. It's been announced that the first version will be iOS, and that is clearly not an iPhone. And yes, the bottom pic (posted a week ago or so) does look close to the mock-up. All that says is that the programmer designed it well.

Still, there are differences. The battery icon and service type logo are different. There is also additional info in white not in the mock-up, not to mention a clear 'working' display that changes.

Is this deceptive? Uniden has always released mock-ups of products. So do car manufacturers and most other manufacturers. Before you build a product, you have to have a design for it that includes how you want it to look. Same with the Siren app. They made a pic of how they wanted it to look, and it looks like they got pretty close. It's also clearly a spin-off of the HP-x display. In fact, if you look at the design, it's exactly identical to the HP-x series. I bet it's a pic of the HP-1 superimposed on a smartphone and tablet.

They have a mock-up of some "Hello Kitty" models, too. Do you think they actually built those units to take a pic? (although one was an actual FM radio they touched up.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Hey, you asked and I informed. Nothing more, nothing less. I know it is not the finish product. But, I wanted to answer your question and let others know what they were looking/ comparing it to.

When I said misleading, I was more so meaning the entire video.

Thank you for letting us know when they added the information to the video.

Happy Hump day everyone!

Voyager

No problem. I didn't recall any video showing the app. In a way, we were both right - it's showing a mock-up of the app, but not a working app.

What DAAAAAYYYYY is it?

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
Good riddance. You've got lots of competition in the scanner field. Good luck with that. Hahaha!

Seriously doubt it is some kid with a blank profile posting at 3am. I also notice most of your posts are personal attacks. Stay classy.

tumegpc

Analyze removed from 536HP menu

I spent about an hour last night updating the firmware for the wifi dongle and noticed that Analyze is missing from the menu.

BTW - the firmware to the dongle was unsuccessful.

XTS3000

Thanks for the laugh AZ. Needed something to perk me up, and that did the trick!!

:)

I didn't think his comments were funny at all. Many of us bought the x36 scanners only for the Analyze Feature and got screwed. It's taken Uniden more than a year to get the basics working on the wifi dongle and they are FAR from finished with that. At their current speed, the wifi feature *may* be finished and working properly (as advertised) by the end of this year. Then next year they get to work on the Analyze Feature. Not to mention, uniden is probably working on new scanners for next year, so their priority isn't on the Analyze Feature.

It sounds like Uniden hasn't even started to work on the Analyze Features!

I like to get what I paid for and promised.
Buy a 24 pack of beer and only get 22 cans?
Buy a 2 pound steak and it weighs 1.5 lbs?

Sure it's not the end of the world when you get shorted, but it's not right either to get scammed by a company.

Blackink

New slogan for Uniden...Have it our way....not your way!

I like to get what I paid for and promised.
Buy a 24 pack of beer and only get 22 cans?
Buy a 2 pound steak and it weighs 1.5 lbs?

Even McDonald's puts an asterisk next to an ad when promoting their burgers.

Like the 1/4 pounder.....

Quarter Pounder with Cheese:

A
quarter pound* of 100% pure beef simply seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper, two slices of melted cheese, slivered onions and tangy pickles all on a sesame seed bun.

*weight before cooking 4 oz. (113.4g)

So at least you know what you're getting.

Maybe Uniden should put asterisks next to items NOT actually on their scanners and add a note with an explanation....

** We are working on these items as we speak. Now it may take awhile before you get what you paid for but hey.....did we say life is fair?!? Did we say we know it all when it comes to scanner features?!?
Get over it....Just pay top dollar for these scanners and use the other features that ARE included with this scanner and be happy you got those.....

p.s. We have added some cheese and crackers to go with your wine while you listen to your new scanner with the features YOU DO HAVE !!
Thank You for your purchasing a Uniden product....

Enjoy.....and don't forget to "like us" on Facebook

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Uniden did, once it became clear that some of the features weren't going to ship on time. But not every reseller/dealer did.

Status
Not open for further replies.