BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Analyze Feature -Will Uniden Accept Returns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
When purchasing your product, the BCD436HP, you promoted a feature that is apparently
still not working (analyze).

Given the claim that this feature was included in your product, it is an act of fraud (in my opinion)
to mislead a potential buyer of a product with a feature your company promoted the product would have,
and have not repaired.

Will Uniden accept returns --directly--?

**Note: If this problem has been solved, and a download is available at this time, I was / am not aware
of it, please disregard the above statement, If not, I think customers deserve a clear response.

wise871

Database Admin
There has never been a status given about the Analyzer feature since it's initial announcement. There were many times I wish I had the feature when I was on the road. :(

Last edited:

VE3RADIO

Paul will go on as if he did not even read this thread, he wont say anything about it.. What a terrible way to treat customers.. I could take a picture and post it here showing my shack and the 15 or so uniden scanners i have... most of them digital and ask that question and still get no response..

Pathetic.. its really too bad because I cant buy another uniden product now as I am so mad at them.. I am not a huge fan of GRE.. they have always been overloaded where I live by cell towers.. so I guess its Motorola radios from now on..

mikepdx

Will Uniden Accept Returns?

I'd suggest contacting Uniden directly and ask them.

One other option, if you hate the thing,
is to cut your losses and sell it on the used market.

Another option is a small claims court in Texas.

Last edited:

JamesO

Paul will go on as if he did not even read this thread, he wont say anything about it.. What a terrible way to treat customers...

Yes, I understand kind of why he may be silent as anything other than providing an link for updated firmware with at least the Analyze feature will not get a very good response here from members/x36HP owners.

It would be useful, 6 months into this whole debacle if someone would "officially" announce a statues of the Analyze feature. Maybe it is something that is posted on the Uniden site, the Homepatrol site and then links here provided.

But even casual comments in a thread here or there are also not very helpful as not everyone runs across the comments.

Would be curious if the Siren App/Program took center stage and the Analyze feature was put on the back burner? This would have been very unwise as the Analyze feature is supposed to be included in all x36HP where the Siren App was only for the 536HP.

So the 436HP owners are missing a useful feature and the 536HP owners are missing 2!

Anyway, I think we all know what is on our Christmas/Holiday wish list. Lets just hope the Elves are busy at work and will be ready to deliver by then.

wise871

Database Admin
My guess is now that users have mentioned taking legal action out of frustration, your most likely not going to hear much about what is going on behind the scene to fix these problems. At this point all answers will have pass through legal or senior management for approval for CYA.

JamesO

My guess is now that users have mentioned taking legal action out of frustration, your most likely not going to hear much about what is going on behind the scene to fix these problems. At this point all answers will have pass through legal or senior management for approval for CYA.

Senior Management should be throwing more Elves at the project then they would not have to put up with any of the discord.

Yes, technology is easier to speak about than make happen, but sometimes you need to get the ball rolling and have the proper amount of resources working on things.

Lets hope the by the 1st anniversary we are all worried about other things.

wise871

Database Admin
Lets hope the by the 1st anniversary we are all worried about other things.

I have Nov 13 set on my calendar as the 1 year mark of the initial video announcement. Only 105 more days. :lol:

On a side note, I'm sure Paul has voiced all our concerns to the higher ups. And if things don't work out as expected I'm sure will hear something in the near future.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Whistler is on the way kids. Hold onto your extra cash because Uniden is going to feel the pressure cooker under their shorts. Some of their new products have already been tarnished.

Whistler has nothing bad to say yet. Just a bunch a new fresh air entering the market.

mrkelso

Wouldn't it be better rather then come here to voice complaints, Just write a letter to the president of Uniden of America and send it. IMHO it's much better then coming here and getting no where.

Just my 2 italian lira's

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
What does analyze feature even do

I'm willing to bet that most of the complainers silently ask this question too. :D

On the HomePatrol-1, Uniden introduced a new feature called Analysis which allowed you to do several things to trunk systems right on the radio instead of using CC Output to pipe the data to a program like Unitrunker or PRO96COM. Among the options were activity logs (logging all data on the control channel for us techy types to look at later), display of the current site's activity (very similar to Unitrunker, showing multiple frequencies' activity at once on the screen, with no audio output), estimating system load, and several other technical things.

One other thing which was very popular, and I can't recall if it was in Analyze or in the regular radio options themselves, is auto-finding of LCNs for EDACS and LTR systems. In other words, you didn't have to know the right order of frequencies any more - stuff them all in there, let the function chew on them for a while, and it would spit out the proper LCN order. The fact that that's not present currently in the x36 leads me to believe it's in the Analyze subset.

Analyze in the HP1 was part of a paid update people could elect to buy. Original advertising for the x36 line indicated this feature would be included in the x36 at no extra cost. The fact it hasn't been introduced yet leads me to believe two things:

1. The scanners were sent out the door too early for the programmers to finalize the design

2. As Anaylze is working (though not perfectly - there are some bugs) in the HP1, the reason for not having it in the x36 is probably not because it's not working. Either it is intended to be delivered at the same time as the other firmware updates, or they are having trouble arranging the display of some of the elements on the screen (most analysis tools don't adhere to the patterns the HP1 nor the x36 display uses of three "lines" of info), or something else entirely I haven't thought of.

Patience will win in the end. As others said, though, threats of legal involvement cause companies to clam up.

JamesO

Why do people comment on the forum, because there is a Uniden representative that frequents these forums and occasionally provides progress updates and will at times provide some glimmer of hope. I along with others do appreciate the Uniden Representatives efforts, I am sure he can only solve so many problems, but I would also hope he can see a mutiny in the works and would hopefully have the ability to pass along the general feeling of the current owners.

Why do people not contact Uniden, have you every tried to contact or call them?? Many numbers are constantly busy, if you get anyone after 30+ minutes, usually it seems that you need to be transferred and often get disconnected, they do not communicate via email if you send items in for repair, no item received confirmation, no expected turn around time, no we shipped your repair out. Packaging of repairs/returns was so sub standard my 15 year old could run circles around their shipping staff. And I assume if you bothered to write a letter, if you received a reply, it would be months and likely a canned reply.

Other than that, not sure why people do not contact Uniden directly?

What is confusing is how there does not seem to be an "official" mechanism or channel for information to flow from Uniden to owners. What about when people "register" their product(s), can't there be a mass emailing to registered owners on status and other updates?

While I and others do appreciate the Uniden representatives efforts, it is starting to seem like Uniden as whole may be a bit customer unfocused?

You know, every now than then it never hurts to say "I/we screwed up". Sorry for the delay, we understand your frustration, we are working on things and here is are target dates for progress, please understand these are targets and as we get closer to the target dates, we will provide updates, good or bad, to set everyone's expectations.

Silence and ignoring things just makes matters worse.

Anyway, I am sure there are a number of x36HP owners that are just not wasting their effort to even inquire, complain or otherwise voice their opinion either way.

But as they say, as the world burns!

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Why ask a forum that has no bearing on what Uniden does? Call them..sheesh

Why? Because it's easier to whine anonymously than to put your name to pen and paper or to a phone call. Threatening legal action anonymously on a forum requires no cajones.

joeuser

The Wretched
Who'd want to talk to a guy being irate because he cant hold his wad waiting for feature X that was described as coming soon? 1 week, month, year - its coming! Instant gratification much?

Status
Not open for further replies.