Analyze questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbubs

Morning all. Just did an exhaustive search trying to get some insight on what analyze should do.

From my search I was able to find that it will report the signal quality and activity.

Question. Does it also fix/replace/add channels it found and place them in your favorites list?

One of the threads I came across made it seem like it replaced channels and you could see which ones it modified by reading from scanner into sentinel. Is this true?

Any other features I am unaware of- or would someone mind giving a quick rundown on what it does and why it is beneficial?

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mitbr

Morning all. Just did an exhaustive search trying to get some insight on what analyze should do.

From my search I was able to find that it will report the signal quality and activity.

Question. Does it also fix/replace/add channels it found and place them in your favorites list?

One of the threads I came across made it seem like it replaced channels and you could see which ones it modified by reading from scanner into sentinel. Is this true?

Any other features I am unaware of- or would someone mind giving a quick rundown on what it does and why it is beneficial?

Many thanks

Hello!! By the way live in Pinellas County here.Analyze dose not do anything at this time Its one one the missing features of the 536hp. I suspect that when it becomes a real feature it will utilize the WiFi app screen because of the limitations of the 536 screen .

Tim

Dbubs

Hello!! By the way live in Pinellas County here.Analyze dose not do anything at this time Its one one the missing features of the 536hp. I suspect that when it becomes a real feature it will utilize the WiFi app screen because of the limitations of the 536 screen .

Tim

Thanks Tim, so what should analyze do with P25? I should have clarified, I live in pinellas as well and that is my primary system I scan.

N0BDW

The analyze function on the x36 reports on the scanner's ability to receive the system, quality of the digital decode, and activity level on the system (in that order).

Discovery may be what you're looking for. That has the ability to add previously unknown talkgroups to your setup.

Dbubs

The analyze function on the x36 reports on the scanner's ability to receive the system, quality of the digital decode, and activity level on the system (in that order).

Discovery may be what you're looking for. That has the ability to add previously unknown talkgroups to your setup.

Thanks for the explanation- yes, discovery is probably what I'm looking for... I'll see if I can figure that out.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Analyze also gives SysID,Site #, etc...
Discovery goes into unknown TGs etc...

But deeper data it does NOT provide, and there is NO output to use with UniTrunker, Pro96Com etc... And that is one of the very few things that truly SUCKS! So, if your wanting real details on an system, you have to team the BCDX36HPs with another scanner with discriminator output, such as I do running an BCD396XT to feed UniTrunker and Pro96Com to get deeper into the nitty gritty.

Last edited by a moderator:

k3fs

The X36 scanners were advertised to have the advanced analysis features of the Home Patrol Extreme upgrade. That would provide the additional analysis of P25 systems. Still waiting for Uniden to keep their word.

Status
Not open for further replies.