Anchorage - MNA748 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8SS

Ever notice the CW ID that transmits so frequently on the Anchorage PD? It sends MNA748. What does this stand for? (Tactical ID? Clearly not an FCC issued ID. Any ideas? An acronym for something?)

n5ims

W8SS

I think that you have solved the question! It seems that at least via the method that I use to listen (Internet audio feed) the initial "dit" in "W" is not being transmitted thus I hear "M". I assume that this problem is indeed real and that it happens on site as well when one listens in manual (not in scan) via RF. Thus there may be a transmit key time delay.... This could possibly be created through a digital link or other digital conversion incorporating an error correction step (like FEC) to correct for lost packets or headers (this is assumption and speculation).

As for the "B".... Listening closely I have noted that sometimes it is transmitted and sometimes it appears to be missing. I have no explaination at all for that beyond "the IDer is intermittanly broke".!

In any case thanks for the creative advice and look up! I think that you have it solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.