And now a little iScan strangeness

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

I wanted to program in the Nassau County (NY) 500 Mhz trunked system.
Now, it is mostly encrypted (MEDCOM and Fire are in the clear) and it is going to be Phase II in the future, but it is not now.
The iSCan software shows the system in the library, with an X. It can not be loaded.
Now, the PSR-800 software does load that system, so it is not the encryption that is holding it back, more likely the future Phase II use?

But, I programmed it manually and guess what? Works great in the PRO-18. OF course, it does not receive the encrypted TGs, but it just grabs and decodes the clear digital groups just fine.

So why it is not allowed to be programmed? Strange.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Phase 2

Most likely because it is marked as having some P25 Phase 2 talk groups. The Pro-18 will not handle Phase 2 the PSR-800 will. Programming in the phase 1 TG's work because they are Phase 1.

I wanted to program in the Nassau County (NY) 500 Mhz trunked system.
Now, it is mostly encrypted (MEDCOM and Fire are in the clear) and it is going to be Phase II in the future, but it is not now.
The iSCan software shows the system in the library, with an X. It can not be loaded.
Now, the PSR-800 software does load that system, so it is not the encryption that is holding it back, more likely the future Phase II use?

But, I programmed it manually and guess what? Works great in the PRO-18. OF course, it does not receive the encrypted TGs, but it just grabs and decodes the clear digital groups just fine.

So why it is not allowed to be programmed? Strange.

scosgt

That's right.
But if there are currently working Phase 1 TG's in the system it should be able to be programmed.

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
The only work around of sorts that I've found is using the EZ-Scan software to load the PII systems. I had a similar issue as only part of our system is Phase 2 and the majority is Phase 1, should have been a little better thought out to accommodate the systems that are split like that but hey it is RS software we're talking about.

Rob
K2RJJ

scosgt

The only work around of sorts that I've found is using the EZ-Scan software to load the PII systems. I had a similar issue as only part of our system is Phase 2 and the majority is Phase 1, should have been a little better thought out to accommodate the systems that are split like that but hey it is RS software we're talking about.

Rob
K2RJJ

I just did it by hand. Not very hard to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.