BCD436HP: And the Seattle area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

I currently have the following radios.
GRE PSR 500 which is my primary radio, the one I take with me when I walk out the door.

Radioshack Pro106 this radio I have several federal systems programmed in, including DoD 380mhz

Pro164 this radio I use to stream my scanner feed.

Pro163 . This has a little bit of everything, including a lot of military aviation frequencies.

I have been on the fence about getting the 436hp. The big reason I want it, the King county metro transit system can be monitored with this radio.

While I realize I can customize the radio to my specific needs. How easy is that to do? I would want to add a lot of military aviation frequencies. As well as federal, state frequencies.

Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I currently have the following radios.
GRE PSR 500 which is my primary radio, the one I take with me when I walk out the door.

Radioshack Pro106 this radio I have several federal systems programmed in, including DoD 380mhz

Pro164 this radio I use to stream my scanner feed.

Pro163 . This has a little bit of everything, including a lot of military aviation frequencies.

I have been on the fence about getting the 436hp. The big reason I want it, the King county metro transit system can be monitored with this radio.

While I realize I can customize the radio to my specific needs. How easy is that to do? I would want to add a lot of military aviation frequencies. As well as federal, state frequencies.

Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
You can do all that with the included (free) Sentinel software. I don't have the Butel (ARC) software, but it also would allow for creation of new systems.

For an existing system, one that already is in the RadioReference database, you can use your location to add the systems based on your location and selected service types. Or, create a custom Favorites list by appending existing systems from the main database to your list.

Then, you can create additional systems, and/or favorites lists, for your mil-air and Federal frequencies. (Those not already in the main database. If at least some of them are already there, append those, then add the additional frequencies that you have.)

Status
Not open for further replies.