ANDERSON Project 25 ISSUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarrySC

My question was reference to the older BC796. It has 4 Band Plans. You must select one of the Plans and it has to do with the 4#'s past the Dec Point. Like .x625 / x125 Etc. Seems the 396/996 are somewhat like the GRE 106/197. When you select the Band Plan it auto sets the freq data. Well I'm headed for the Ham Fest in Spbg. I'll work on this next week. Larry

AgileSC

Larry, the 10 frequencies are programmed into the truck frequencies section, and like Mully, I didn't set the band plan but notice the same two frequencies in the band plan with spacing of 6.25. I'm not very familiar with other scanner models. I don't travel out of the county much to know if the reception is any better or worse, but always seem to have 5 bars in the areas of Anderson, Centerville, Townville, Williamston, Belton, Honea Path, Easley/Powdersville, Piercetown.

According to the county emergency services website, the county maintains the 800 equipment and towers.

Anderson County Technical Services

Mully, the settings are as follows:

Digital
P25 resp time 0
P25 ref gain 0
Dynamic range 6

Analog
resp time 0
ref gain 0
Dynamic range 6

Hope some of this helps you all.

mully95

Larry, the 10 frequencies are programmed into the truck frequencies section, and like Mully, I didn't set the band plan but notice the same two frequencies in the band plan with spacing of 6.25. I'm not very familiar with other scanner models. I don't travel out of the county much to know if the reception is any better or worse, but always seem to have 5 bars in the areas of Anderson, Centerville, Townville, Williamston, Belton, Honea Path, Easley/Powdersville, Piercetown.

According to the county emergency services website, the county maintains the 800 equipment and towers.

Anderson County Technical Services

Mully, the settings are as follows:

Digital
P25 resp time 0
P25 ref gain 0
Dynamic range 6

Analog
resp time 0
ref gain 0
Dynamic range 6

Hope some of this helps you all.

Thanks for the info!!!!

I will set mine like that and see how it goes.

mully95

I believe the towers in my area MIGHT be simulcast and that's why I don't get crystal clear reception. I found this (link below) while browsing on RR and his scanner sounds MUCH like mine. I didn't realize the problem with scanners decoding simulcast was that bad with all scanners. I was thinking about getting another scanner (Radio Shack 106) but surely don't want the same reception as with my 396T.

http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/180381-pro-106-p-25-simulcast-distortion.html

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I know this is old post now, but did notice this post popped up about time the Powdersville remote site went live, might be causing some interference for you...

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
just another tower/site for anderson P25, it is already listed here on rr.com database as repeater #7 our of 5, but march/april of this year is when it went live...

Viking1

Can anyone verify that ALL Anderson Co users of the Pal800 have completed the move to the Project 25 system.

Agencies below have moved to P25 trunking
SO - warrants division uses old VHF repeater
ACPD - vhf simulcast
County FD - vhf simulcast / mixed ops
EMS - vhf simulcast / mixed ops

mully95

Most of them simulcast so I guess I didn't answer your question correctly. They're still on VHF but I don't listen to it just the P25.

LarrySC

mully95 first answer seems to be what I needed. Honea Path and Belton Police have yet to make any changeover. Since Williamston Fire uses DPL 464 have the other county fire depts dropped 162.2 and switched to DPL 464 ???

firefighter89

mully95 first answer seems to be what I needed. Honea Path and Belton Police have yet to make any changeover. Since Williamston Fire uses DPL 464 have the other county fire depts dropped 162.2 and switched to DPL 464 ???
I've heard some activity on 158.805/464 DPL. I haven't been able to identify it yet though, possibly Honea Path.

Status
Not open for further replies.