Android App for OP25 that gets metadata

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8zuz

So after a lot of fiddling, I have OP25 boatbod working on an icecast server In Linux Mint 20 running natively. I connect up to it on a windows PC with Winamp on the same network. It gets the audio and talkgroup alphatags so I know who is talking. Thanks wgbecks for the help getting it all running!

Now I'm looking for an app on Android that will work like winamp, not only playing audio but showing TGID alpha tags. I tried my browser first and I only get audio which I figured would be the case. When I try to use the android version of VLC it won't connect. I can use VLC on the windows machine with the exact same stream address and it works (although I don't like how I only see the TGID in the top banner of VLC on windows). Does anyone know of a good android app to use to get TGIDs and audio from icecast on an android device?

Thanks,
N8ZUZ

bucket772

Feed Provider
what address are you using to stream in VLC?. Are you trying from your local network or remotely? Is you Android device a phone? Perhaps it's trying to connect via cell and not LAN?

n8zuz

I am on a LAN only. For a few years I had a BCFY feed but when we had a weirdo keep showing up in town that left as soon as the Sheriff dispatched deputies to check it out, I took my feed down because it seemed he was listening to it. Now, I just want it on my local network where I have some duties for Security and I want my nightwatchman to know what's going on.

I have used Gordon Edwards app for many years. I have my favorites set but until just a few minutes ago, I did not realize you can setup a custom feed. Shame on me. Once I put in http://LAN-IP: port/op25 and viola...I have audio and TGIDs.

Problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.