Android Cell Phone Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

arlo

Premium Subscriber
I have a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim Android. It has a 2GB SD microcard. If I get a 32 GB card, will the Samsung run internet faster? Will it hold more photos? Are the photos stored on the SD?

Kb2Jpd

I have a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim Android. It has a 2GB SD microcard. If I get a 32 GB card, will the Samsung run internet faster? Will it hold more photos? Are the photos stored on the SD?

Look up the manual and see if it can support using a 32 GB card. Google Samsung Galaxy proclaim manual pdf.

See what version of Android you are using if it has the newer version.

Newer versions of Android use the SD card as virtual memory.

Yes more space for photos and programs. Faster, not necessarily so.

Good luck.

Adam Vazquez Kb2Jpd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arlo

Premium Subscriber
How do I find the android version? Manual says 32 GB is OK. What would be the best size card to get? Is ebay the best place to buy? Thanks for the fast response.

Kb2Jpd

Open the setting screen. Look for the about. Android version should be there.

You might want to log on with WiFi and see there are any system update. Check your manual.

Newer versions have been rewritten to make use of less memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redneck0410

A bigger SD card won't make your Internet faster. If it's used on WiFi, it could be faster depending on your ISP (Internet service provider). If it's not on wifi, you're limited to whatever speed your cell service provider determines.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

arlo

Premium Subscriber
My hardware version is S720C.01 and the firmware version is 2.3.6. SD total space is 1.85 GB, available space is 1.69 GB. System storage available space is 742 MB. My problem is if I get near 100 photos, the photo gallery locks up and I have to remove battery and reinstall to get gallery back. I have deleted photos to 80. So, will a larger SD card fix this?

Rred

Unless your phone allows you to move the Gallery off to the SD card, no SD card will help you. That's a cheap phone and it will be slow and limited, intentionally. Go to the phone store and ask them for help with it, if the manual doesn't explain enough about the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.