Anheuser Busch Brewery

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyes00only

Anyone know anything about the radio system for the Anheuser Busch Brewery? I did check the Wiki & Colorado Data Base. In the St. Louis Data Base a member says they use a MOTO Smartnet system and it's 100% encrypted.

JK

nathancarlson

I deliver there every Friday. Its a neat place! They mainly use nextels from what I can tell. When the new company bought them out last year, they changed their Security company (and integrated it with its phone operator folks) and also went to a different maintenance company for the ongoing construction and maintenance at the facility. I will see if I can find anything tomorrow when I am up there, but I am guessing its probably enc or nextel. Its a very secure facility! They still ID me every week, even though they know me by name! Based on what I have seen from the budget cuts across the board, I doubt that they have a very elaberate communications system still in use, if one at all. The tour center is pretty much its own little entity so i will check on that as well. I could see them using radios. I will update tomorrow.

As far as the Budweiser Event Center (Larimer county fairgrounds) there is an LTR system for that in the Database. I don't know if you were possibly thinking of that. I have that system in my radio and have never heard any traffic on it, either. So likely that is encyrpted. Don't know why it would be, though. Keep in mind they are both two different facilities with different functions and are not associated at all.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
As far as the Budweiser Event Center (Larimer county fairgrounds) there is an LTR system for that in the Database. I don't know if you were possibly thinking of that. I have that system in my radio and have never heard any traffic on it, either. So likely that is encyrpted. Don't know why it would be, though. Keep in mind they are both two different facilities with different functions and are not associated at all.

Last time I tried the Event Center it wasn't encrypted. It's not a long-ranged system and is only used for events. If you're delivering during normal working hours the event center is probably idle.

nathancarlson

I deliver to the Bud Brewery. I didn't know if he meant the Brewery in Ft Collins or the Bud Event Center in Loveland. The only system info I have is for the Event Center, and have not tried picking it up when I was near by. Hopefully I did not go off topic, I was just unsure which facility EyesOnly was refering to. The Event Center is in the DB and would probably be much more interesting listening than the production brewery. sorry to confuse everybody! I think I get up too early and write stupid things on here sometimes.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
The OP did post "brewery" in his thread starting message.

Some days we need stronger coffee posting this early in the morning.;)

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I live near there. If I'm not busy I'll see what I can log. Could have swore it was in the database

*Edit - yeah, it was the Events Center. Larimer County Event Center Trunking System, Fort Collins, Colorado - Scanner Frequencies
icon11.gif

Last edited:

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Anyone know anything about the radio system for the Anheuser Busch Brewery? I did check the Wiki & Colorado Data Base. In the St. Louis Data Base a member says they use a MOTO Smartnet system and it's 100% encrypted.

JK

I know there is a Motorola system listed for the Bud Plant in Merrimack, New Hampshire, but when I have been up in the area haven't really heard a whole lot on it. It is also listed as being encrypted. I also agree that they may have gone over to using Nextels.

Thayne

Off the subject of the radios, but I know a lot of the big rig drivers avoid the place like the plague, because the security staff is so nasty to work with---Maybe they want the Clysdales to make all the deliveries :p

nathancarlson

Sorry I know that you did post brewery- but I did not see anything in the Colorado DB for it but did see the LTR system for the Bud Event Center, which is why I went off on that. But just as an update, the only radios I saw at the Brewery were in the tour center, and I don't think they even use them. I did confirm through employees that the rest of them do use nextels. The tour center was not activelky doing tours while I was there, so I did not pick anything up with my signal stalker on my 106.

And Thayne, you are correct on that. Its a nightmare! The people themselves are really nice, but the procedures are very strict and its seldom that the loads are ready for the OTR drivers there. Being that close to the Wyoming Border and Wellington being closed to trucks in times of winter storm closures, that is a very stressful area for our drivers who are often stranded and locked out of the Bud Facility. CB traffic would actually be interesting monitoring for once in those situations I can imagine! On a side note, Bud used to use the CB to communicate with truckers but they pulled all of the CBs out for some reason. Its a VERY busy facility and could make for some intersting monitoring if a radio system was available.

eyes00only

Sorry I know that you did post brewery- but I did not see anything in the Colorado DB for it but did see the LTR system for the Bud Event Center, which is why I went off on that. But just as an update, the only radios I saw at the Brewery were in the tour center, and I don't think they even use them. I did confirm through employees that the rest of them do use nextels. The tour center was not activelky doing tours while I was there, so I did not pick anything up with my signal stalker on my 106.

QUOTE]

No problem. Your entries were interesting. For some reason Mr. Scanlist stated that I did not have 'brewery' in my thread starting message which I didn't understand. I'll have to go out by the Coors 'brewery' sometime and see how the LTR system in the database works there.

JK

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
eyes00only said:
For some reason Mr. Scanlist stated that I did not have 'brewery' in my thread starting message which I didn't understand.
Actually I did say you said. Go back a couple of messages.:lol:

scanlist said:
The OP did post "brewery" in his thread starting message.

Now as far as the LTR system at the Budweiser events center it's usually idle except when there are scheduled events in the complex. I'm on the fringe and out of luck here due to co-channel intereference from the Weld MDC data channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.