anhydrous ammonia leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
Northern Bartholomew county. Heard lots of traffic on M-MA1 a little on dist-42 dispatch. I'm out of range now, don't know if it's still a problem or not. Last I heard The cloud had settled in a low area and wasn't really moving anymore.

Jeff.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Northern Bartholomew county. Heard lots of traffic on M-MA1 a little on dist-42 dispatch. I'm out of range now, don't know if it's still a problem or not. Last I heard The cloud had settled in a low area and wasn't really moving anymore.

Jeff.

My live feed is up now...

Taylorsville - Bartholomew County police and firefighters went door to door early Tuesday morning warning residents in the Taylorsville area to evacuate because of an anhydrous ammonia leak.

The leak was reported shortly before 3:30am. It apparently came from an ammonia retailer. Anhydrous ammonia is primarily used in fertilization of soil as a source of nitrogen.

It appears the leak resulted from an attempt to steal the liquid which is also used in the manufacture of amphetamines.

The area impacted by the evacuation ranged from US 31 and CR 400N to US 31 and CR 650 and CR 50W to I-65.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Wthr

WTHR news has a van in the area and I picked them up on the service search feature "News" this morning also with their live feed.

bamx2

Premium Subscriber
WTHR news has a van in the area and I picked them up on the service search feature "News" this morning also with their live feed.

You can routinely hear their helo operations on the freq they have listed in the database, from up to 60-80 miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.