Anne Arundel/BWI tone questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocguard

Have three questions for anyone that may know...

1. In the Anne Arundel County DB page, on the tone-out file, these is a tone for Station 43, which is BWI FD. Is this a tone that AACo uses to dispatch BWI on 154.010, or what BWI uses to dispatch on their 154.100? (or both)

2. If the answer to the first question is the first option, what IS the tone that BWI dispatch uses to page out their FD on 154.100?

3. In the tone-out page, at the bottom, it mentions a "final tone" or 1006hz. What is this? I assume they are talking about the Centracom alert tone sent after the pager tones are done...

Llwellyn

To answer question 3, in that context final tone does refer to the long tone at the end of a dispatch that actually opens the sets. I think when I uploaded that for the DB Admin to post, I forgot to take it out of the file. I had that in there for my own reference while I was decoding the tones. It looks like he posted my file pretty much verbatim; it's probably a bit out of date by now and IIRC is missing several tones. I know Station 4 was in the middle of being built which is why it is missing; anything else missing I either couldn't solidly confirm or they simply didn't get a run that I ever captured on tape.

In reference to question 1, I cannot remember if I "guessed" that tone according to the tone plan or if I ever actually heard it used while I was decoding tones. I'm guessing that it may not actually be used to directly dispatch a BWI unit. I do know that BWI fire control uses a different type of system, and they have things like door control on their system as well, so the tones would be different on 154.100.

dpm797

when anne arundel dispatches a BWI unit on a call.....the tone on 154.010 goes to a radio in the BWI dispatch center not to the station. BWI dispatch then tones out the station on thier dispatch frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.