• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anne Arundel Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrolman123

I am having trouble downloading the Anne Arundel County Maryland Phase 1 system into the Unication program. Its telling me that its a wrong format. Can anyone help

N6ML

I am having trouble downloading the Anne Arundel County Maryland Phase 1 system into the Unication program. Its telling me that its a wrong format. Can anyone help

What version of PPS? You probably need V0.3.16.9

Hit_Factor

Common problem - I wish RR and Unication could come to an understanding on this. This has been going on for awhile now.

Second column, change the header from hex to SubFleet.

N6ML

Common problem - I wish RR and Unication could come to an understanding on this. This has been going on for awhile now.

Has the problem been seen with PPS V0.3.16.x? IMO, it's a PPS problem (not an RR one) - the CSV has column headers. PPS should look for the the columns that it actually needs, and ignore the others. I don't know if they fixed it this way in V0.3.16.x. or not, though.

Hit_Factor

Has the problem been seen with PPS V0.3.16.x? IMO, it's a PPS problem (not an RR one) - the CSV has column headers. PPS should look for the the columns that it actually needs, and ignore the others. I don't know if they fixed it this way in V0.3.16.x. or not, though.
Current PPS 3.16.09 and the previous PPS 3.14.15 have this problem. Don't care whose problem it is, I wish one of the two would fix it.

Hit_Factor

Not sure what you mean by that. Site ID 2 mentions that county, and there are Law and Fire talkgroups for it listed.
Copy and paste of the only 3 sites in that group. My mistake, I stopped reading at baltimore.

RFSSSite DecSite HexSite NACDescriptionCounty NameLatLon
1​
1​
1​
3D1HarfordHarford
39.55231​
-76.3007​
1​
2​
2​
3D2BaltimoreAnne ArundelBaltimore
39.25767​
-76.65​
1​
3​
3​
3D3HowardCarrollHoward
39.41912​
-76.985​

N6ML

Current PPS 3.16.09 and the previous PPS 3.14.15 have this problem. Don't care whose problem it is, I wish one of the two would fix it.

I just imported that CMARC system into V0.3.16.9 - both the system (control channels) and the talkgroups. It worked just fine (without any hacking of the files).

AdamHLG

Anne Arundel Co is in the process of building out a new P25 system. The Unication pagers will not trunk the present Motorola Type II system,

Exactly. But in 3 years when they’re done it will work great. </s>

Status
Not open for further replies.