Anne Arundel County Radio System Upgrade

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
So far, Harbormaster & Annapolis Parks Maintenance Crews have started to use 8629 (P25). I guess they aren't going to break up the talkgroup.
Streets are using it too.

I will submit it is as Annapolis Services (Streets, Harbormaster, Parks).

FireEM09

Feed Provider
Looking at Unitrunker, it appears Fire Alarm is using the new system today to dispatch calls and respond, seeing various 10xx IDs pop up for the consoles, so that makes sense if the RCC is also being used while they start transitioning.

Also, just heard Baltimore City Engine 57 say "City Engine 57 on Bravo 1" along with a couple of units heading to the Coast Guard Yard, so I wonder if they are doing different zones now or maybe that's just the way the officer said it. We'll have to see what Fire looks like, but based on the 2023 Year in Review and the RCC being used, it sounds like it's right around the corner.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Looking at Unitrunker, it appears Fire Alarm is using the new system today to dispatch calls and respond, seeing various 10xx IDs pop up for the consoles, so that makes sense if the RCC is also being used while they start transitioning.

Also, just heard Baltimore City Engine 57 say "City Engine 57 on Bravo 1" along with a couple of units heading to the Coast Guard Yard, so I wonder if they are doing different zones now or maybe that's just the way the officer said it. We'll have to see what Fire looks like, but based on the 2023 Year in Review and the RCC being used, it sounds like it's right around the corner.

Seems that they switched over in the 9 o'clock hour. They were doing a lot of testing on the Test talkgroups with console RID's yesterday so I thought dispatcher switchover would be soon.

I don't monitor Bravo, Do you know if BC E57 was using P25 or P16?

MSP Aviation marked up on Juliette (P25) last week during a call at the Bay Bridge.

I do expect some expansion for Fire on the P25 system. On P16 had 30 talkgroups. Potentially Fire could be on talkgroups 8743-8790 (P25) based on previous testing/logins/keyups.

-----
Seems Anne Arundel OEM got new/reprogrammed radios. 8727 seems to be OEM.

FireEM09

Feed Provider
I went back and checked, appears BC E57 was still using P16 at that time.

Also, MIKE is active right now with Fire units doing radio checks, all new 222xxxx IDs popping up.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
8757 -8794 also seems to be Fire Zone based on Logins on Unitrunker.

8757 is ENC. There are others that I believe are ENC based on previous testing (?) before during setup.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Dispatches from Fire Alarm are still going out on 154.01 but no tones. I rarely monitor 154.01 so I am not sure when that occurred but I do know that at times before the tones weren't going out on it.

xawen

Dispatches from Fire Alarm are still going out on 154.01 but no tones. I rarely monitor 154.01 so I am not sure when that occurred but I do know that at times before the tones weren't going out on it.
Tones stopped going out on 154.01 on Jan 31st. Since you mention it...if anyone happens to have a programmatic method to identify stations in a dispatch without tones, I would love to get that functionality going again.

smokeeater861

Tones stopped going out on 154.01 on Jan 31st. Since you mention it...if anyone happens to have a programmatic method to identify stations in a dispatch without tones, I would love to get that functionality going again.
Tones were intermittent and only used for mutual aide departments within the county up until a couple weeks ago.

As far as identifying any sort of paging for each station, not possible as it’s all done via IP.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
With Fire in the process of of moving over, it seems that the only patches/daily users that still are active on the P16 and not the P25 system are
BWI/MAA Fire Patch
School Buses
School Base Radios
Annapolis OEM
MSP Barrack P/J Patch

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
For those that have logged RID's over the years, this might be helpful for you.

Based on the radios that I have logged on the P25 system, it seems the convert from P16 to P25 for Fire radios are...

P16 ---> P25
48492 ---> 2224492
49000 ---> 2225000

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Possibly 8626
I beleive it is Annapolis OEM in the clear. They use it for parades, and there was one today. They also seemed to be using talk group Frank this morning in the clear on the P16 system. It might be CERT - not sure if they have new radios yet, or maybe some do not. It's possible P25 OEM and P16 Frank were patched together?

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Battalion Chief X-Ray on P16 has gone dead and haven't seen anything on the P25 yet that would be it. I would think 8757 (ENC) would be it but I have seen on Unitrunker non Chief RIDS active on it.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I beleive it is Annapolis OEM in the clear. They use it for parades, and there was one today. They also seemed to be using talk group Frank this morning in the clear on the P16 system. It might be CERT - not sure if they have new radios yet, or maybe some do not. It's possible P25 OEM and P16 Frank were patched together?

Yeah 8626 should be Annapolis OEM. I had locked it out after hearing the Parade Marshalls starting to talk (way to chatty for me). Some AAA CERT were also assisting too.

AAA CERT were also active on 8729 and 8730 with a Marathon.

flagship2023

Have a friend in CERT, they have APX6000s now.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I was receiving adequate signal strength south to Huntingtown in Calvert and to just east of Wye Mills using a G5.

hill

Premium Subscriber
On talkgroup 1 Bravo the dispatcher audio from id 1019 is very low. Hard to hear with the G4/G5.

Going forward they need to bump up the audio level for this dispatcher