Anne Arundel Special Ops Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinEar

At least I think this is an exercise. I mean I HOPE this an exercise since it's a hostage situation and they just threw a baby from the bus the hostages are being held on.

During this hostage operation, Special Ops is using 11N (TG2032) and 11O (TG 2064). Formerly, we had 11O listed as Prisoner Transport but it is clearly being used by Special Ops. It would appear this is a change in the band plan and it makes sense in context with the rest of Zone 11.

[Edit] This had better be an exercise. Reported three hostage takers on the bus...now demanding that the lights be turned off that are shining on the bus or they are going to kill a hostage.

A shot heard. Report of hostage takers saying they just shot a hostage.

SpecOps just used flash-bang devices and stormed the buses (plural). Now calling for an ambo.

This was almost certainly an exercise just based on the tone of the voices heard during the operation. Adrenaline was missing.

RyanXTS

I have been listening ot this all evening. I heard them earlier talking about "since this is an exercise this will be different than if it were real" when talking about some kind of Tac senerio... so I'm sure its fake.

Another clue is... it's not encrypted! I have never heard SOS on my scanner before I would have thought they would have run this op encrypted too? Aren't they always encrypted?

TinEar

No, AA County has always been in the clear even during SpecOps operations. It did become obvious after awhile that this had to be an exercise based on their voices. Everything was calm, cool and collected which it never is when it's a real situation.

I think the only important thing that came out of this for us is the 11O new ID.

Admin0140434

SUBMITTED!

you know, i think im going to have to go and borrow a county police radio. seems like the county is throwing their bandplan out the window. one thing doesnt make sense though... when i checked the police radios (in fact) EXACTLY one year ago... 11O was labeled as CON NEG. of course, things change in a year, so ill see if i can swipe one off of an officer for a minute or two.

Llwellyn

Yeah, I have access to a police-speced portable through some contacts, unfortunately, they're the "lite" version that have no display or keypad... and I don't think it would be a good idea to key up everything in their bandplan to see what pops up on a scanner... wouldn't want someone to get sacked over something dumb like that. :shock:

TinEar

One other thing to consider...not all police are going to have all the Special Ops channels in their radios. Some may not have more than one or two at most.

Admin0140434

TinEar said:
One other thing to consider...not all police are going to have all the Special Ops channels in their radios. Some may not have more than one or two at most.

yes... and no...

some police officers i know have the whole damn zone :D
im sure its for one reason or another though...

TinEar

I'm basing that on a situation from last summer that involved Special Ops and officers from all four districts. There was only one SpecOps channel that all four districts had in their radios and could talk together on. So, the channels could be different based on District and could be different based on rank, with supervisors having more latitude in channel selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.