Announcing Feed Provider Incentives

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
If a feed breaks the threshold of 750 concurrent listeners on a feed for any given time, the feed provider will receive a $50 gift certificate to Scanner Master.

The California feeds do this almost daily ....

No they dont. The feed that is almost always the top feed is the Chicago feeds and thats only with 200 or so. If a feed breaks 700 there is usually something big going on.

RadioReference reserves the right to evaluate eligibility for an award based on technical issues, such as misbehaving audio clients or

"false/invalid listener counts."

Your kidding right? People actually do this?

We had an example of this last month where a client was acting up and it was showing thousands of listeners for a feed.

"RadioReference reserves the right to change this incentive program at any time."

But you'll give notice ahead of time, correct?

Im probably sure he will but i dont see this as something to worry about.

Still its pretty cool - maybe for some of us which might break 30 listeners you could toss us a free Y adapter or something?

Doubt that. Feeds break 30 listeners everyday. This program is intentioned to reward feeds that have some type of big incident going on and their listener count breaks the threshold.

Last edited:

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the program, its a good idea. And it will drive traffic to RR which is the main goal. But as you said the "low-end" feeds would only qualify if they have "incidents." I guess I could hope for an "incident" here ;)

I am curious, I was told people like the person that has the Scanner Radio app for Android(and now has an Iphone/IPod Touch app which is not free but I have to pay for) pays Radio Reference to pick up their feeds that we stream to RR. So there are people not going to this website and RR is still getting paid.
Should there be other incentives for everyone and not just broadcasters of big areas? I broadcast for a country that does not have many listeners, but still could drive traffic to RR or places like Scanner Radio that RR is getting paid for.

MtlScanFun

Excellent initiative !!!

If I was able to reach 460 listeners the night of the Stanley Cup riot in Montreal (especially with a French speaking only feed), I think these levels (at least the 750) can be achieved by any Feed (even from small town as mentioned at the beginning of the Thread) upon occurence of a special incident.

Last edited:

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Achieving a weighted pay out scale based on # of listeners in the area is rather difficult. Some feeds stream only 1 city and some stream a wide area. Judging the # of listeners in that area is pretty hard. Especially the cities that are tourist towns, the potential listener count would fluctuate rapidly.

Another option would be to weigh the scale based on average # of listeners. 0-25, 25-50, 50-75, etc. And then add a scale for the money pay outs. I would say probably 85% of the RR feeds average under 25 listeners though.

With that note, it probably makes it unfair to the top 15% as a disaster with a high # of listeners would likely happen in the lower 85% of average listener feeds. I've seen poodunkville with 3,000 listeners and just about the same amount of listeners in a large city during a disaster. It's just real tough to set a weighted scale.

Jason

Astrak

Hey same here on the Phoenix East Valley feed, 3328 listeners. That beats my Phoenix PD feed high of 779 by a lot.

SCPD

QRT
Yeah it is. I went to Millard West and graduated 2008. Scary to hear this happen! I was with out SWAT team (helping them train) when this call went out. They went from training to real life instantly!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Providers have been contacted and $275.00 in gift certificates will be on the way shortly.

Looks like I'll be bumping up the thresholds a bit here soon - we've paid out about about $2,500 over the past year, with about $500 of that going out in the past month! :)

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We bumped up the feed provider thresholds today.. please see Feed Provider Incentives - The RadioReference Wiki for more details.

Sandman20, congrats - we'll get yours issued today. Kenosha also hit last night from what I can see.

Hvscan - I recall your feed hitting that however it was due to a misbehaving client (Android PoliceStream bug). We keep a close eye on these and we know when they are legit listeners or not. Most of those bugs have been fixed now though by the mobile developers.

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX)

Thanks

MrIcee

Incentive program still running?

Aloha...

Last week, during the Tsunami event triggered by the Japanese earthquake my scanner feed reached over 2300 listeners.

I was a bit surprised when I did not receive any incentive program email.

Is the incentive program still running? I note that one of the rules is "no premium subscribers"... however, are not all feed providers given 'complimentary premium accounts' now? If so, who can win an incentive?

Thanks

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Aloha...

Last week, during the Tsunami event triggered by the Japanese earthquake my scanner feed reached over 2300 listeners.

Is the incentive program still running? I note that one of the rules is "no premium subscribers"... however, are not all feed providers given 'complimentary premium accounts' now? If so, who can win an incentive?

Thanks

Contact Lindsay at lindsay@radioreference.com

The Premium is referring to something we have not yet released.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aloha...

Thanks

It's coming - be patient. I process all feed provider incentives usually once a week. I will reach out to you directly.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.