Announcing Feed Provider Incentives

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It doesn't offend me personally, it's just not your place to speak on behalf of Lindsay or this website. If anyone here seems offended, it's you. According to the thread you posted this morning, you're not even a feed provider on this site anymore, so it would appear that you no longer have any dog in this fight as to who is or isn't following the RR Live Audio TOS. Time to move along, nothing to see here. ;)

phillydjdan

I have a right to point out and make clear that due to the feed providers actions, he should not be entitled to any incentive, regardless of my status. If he does receive one, then that is an entirely new issue regarding the administration and operation of these forums and it's parent website. I have a right to point out and/or protest if the admins decide to administer the site using double-standards (which, unfortunately no forum readers will ever read about because I have a forum admin that keeps censoring me). Hopefully, my posting will be enough to make sure that double-standards don't come into play as to the topic of this thread, and topic in which I am discussing, which is feed provider incentives.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Oh so you're the new RR watchdog now, huh? Well keep in mind that this entire enterprise is a privately run business, so you really don't have any "rights" at all, if you want to know the truth. Lindsay can do anything he pleases, including wiping away all of the live audio TOS right now, or issuing incentives regardless of any alleged violation of those TOS. I'd suggest you let the issue go unless you're intent on attracting even more unwanted attention from the admins and moderators of this site.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
It has already been stated that your feed was in violation of this site's TOS during the incident in CA, therefore if you read this post by the owner of this site:

"We will be working this week to contact each of the providers "WHO QUALIFIED" for a feed incentive and will get them issued. There are quite a few..."

Since you did not qualify, you get no incentive. Hope this helps you understand more clearly...

I think you have the wrong identity here. He's the one who worked so proactively to get OTHER feeds in the area offline due to violating TOS. Now whether or not they actually violated TOS remains to be seen, seeing as the department involved thought it was a good idea to do all kinds of tactical stuff on their primary dispatch.

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; ZTE-N910 Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

You know what, chauff, you are right. That is why i have taken my feeds elsewhere and will no longer provide any information to this site. Yup, now i will simply be a forum troll :)

spectr17

The 2 channels I removed from my feed were 8 Mtn 1 and 8 Mtn 2. These are not tac feeds but i felt they were broadcasting sensitive traffic during the tracking of Dorner. 8 Mtn 1 is back on my feed by the way.

phillydjdan doesn't appear to understand the TOS he's ranting about.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
i thought we had incentives - guess I was wrong? confused? both-lol. Fact is I have my feed up thru here, broadcastify or wherever. what I do need to know is that when the feed goes down do I need to make any chages to my software so I dont have to aggravaite kendrick or anyone-lol

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are settling up with all the feed providers that are owed gift certificates to Scanner Master.

For the record, the Dorner incident will pay a total of $825.00 in Scanner Master gift certificates. We are still waiting to hear back from some feed providers. Other feed providers have asked us to donate the monetary value to a charity for the officers who were killed. We will do that in cash - and match the contribution.

spectr17

That's an awesome offer Lindsey on the donation to the officer charity. I'd like to do that. Email inbound. Thank you.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We made a $750 donation to Inland Empire Inland Society today per the request of the feed providers who requested their incentive be donated there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-27 at 12.54.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-27 at 12.54.53 PM.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 269

nbdyspclk

my question to all the people bit chin about the TOS,how can you actually complain about so called violations on a site that you DONT run,that ALLOWS you to either monitor or feed audio to,or just plain have NO say in the ADMIN/OWNERSHIP of?Have you found or provided a better source of information(freely exchanged at the expense of OTHERS free time),or is it you are not able to be a "Controlling ADMIN"?Peolple,PLEASE,the dorner incident was fed through the public airway,where any one with a scanner in that area could pickup,but was provided for the entire RR listening audience for FREE.you have no truck to complain.wherever you are,i'm sure there are some things broadcast on scanners that aren't live fed to this particular site,yet WE dont cry when a feed is put down for moral or ethical reasons out of our control.PLEASE respect the purpose of all the people invoved in providing this awesome access to otherwise unheard traffic.Thank You Lindsay and all the feed providers for your great and time consuming actions for us.

Last edited:

searingxheretic

Premium Subscriber
We made a $750 donation to Inland Empire Inland Society today per the request of the feed providers who requested their incentive be donated there.

Thanks to the providers who chose to donate. Also thanks for matching the donation RR!

Sent from my cm_tenderloin

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
well this is my hobbie dont mind paying the 30 bucks been a scanner nut since 1992 my 1st scanner was a 10 channel RS i dont need incentives too do what i love im just glade im able too share with others and maybe thye like so much they will get one and start streamming as well...im a formmoer live tv streammer did that for 5 years running my own flash server..but thats nothing compared too doing this with fellow hobbiest so thanks for allowing me too stream my scanner on here all i can think of atm sorry for spelling im disabled :)

Status
Not open for further replies.