Annoying BC346XT Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhzscan

Here's the scenario: I have one system on scan, its a EDACS TRS. When I press the HOLD button, it locks to the control channel and the speaker starts blaring out the CC sound. Is this normal? I recall on the older TrunkTrackers, if you press HOLD while scanning, it would land on the last active talkgroup and not blast out that irritating sound. I don't get this result if I press HOLD whenever it's on a active talkgroup. Is this a natural behavior of the BC346XY and BC396XT?

MHZScan

mdulrich

Feed Provider
I don't see that a fix is needed, this is how the scanner gets information about the system being monitored and displays what it finds.

Mike

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
After pressing Hold and landing on the control channel, couldn't you simply use the little knob on top of the radio to scroll to whichever talkgroup you were interested in? Just a thought. :)

mhzscan

Yes, that is what I've been doing. I understand now, this is the BC346XT feature of showing CC Traffic. I'm still in the old school scanner mentality of doing things (old way, was taking the scanner out of trunk mode to see the info). No big deal, just think its awkward how they have implemented this option. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.