Annoying Issue, PSR 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I am currently experiencing problems with being able to put a text into a V-folder. When I attempted to put in the text, like I've done 1,000 times, it is not working. Instead of letting me put in text, it is putting the letters above the number button. Example: I am hitting the number key 8 & then 3. This should have put in "V", but it is showing "TUV." Please, help. I'm getting really annoyed & have extremely low frustration tolerance today. LOL.

I get to the screen to change the text like always: a) V-scanner; really overright V-folder data? Pressing "yes." b) cursor flashing on far left. Now, the screen is putting in "TUV."

Last edited:

Eng74

Make sure you have a good set of batteries in the radio. I had made some changes in a file and was trying to clone it to my 600 but it would say waiting. Swapped out the batteries and worked like always. They were not low enough to start flashing the batterie icon but it would not clone.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Check

Make sure you have a good set of batteries in the radio. I had made some changes in a file and was trying to clone it to my 600 but it would say waiting. Swapped out the batteries and worked like always. They were not low enough to start flashing the batterie icon but it would not clone.

Batteries are fully charged. Yes, this is indeed a weird wrinkle.

ScannerSK

On my scanner, when I press the number "8" "TUV" appears at the top of the screen until I press the number "3" and only then a "V" appears at the bottom of the screen.

What happens if you press the number "1" twice? Does a "1" appear in the bottom of the display? You may have to reload the latest firmware.

Shawn

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Radop

On my scanner, when I press the number "8" "TUV" appears at the top of the screen until I press the number "3" and only then a "V" appears at the bottom of the screen.

What happens if you press the number "1" twice? Does a "1" appear in the bottom of the display? You may have to reload the latest firmware.

Shawn

Wow. I must have had a stroke. I've never actually noticed the "TUV" showing over the screen. Great response. It worked. Bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.