Anoka county on PRO-2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

eesz34

I'm very new with scanners but I'm trying to learn. I acquired a 2096 and am trying to listen to the trunked system Anoka uses. Is there any reason this shouldn't work on this scanner?

I've entered the primary and secondary control channels into Bank 0 in MOT mode on using Win96, along with talkgroups of interest. I'm a bit confused about rebanding, but I believe this needs to be done and I've selected "Multi table" in MOT 3600 CC and went into "Extended Tables" and selected "800 MHz Rebanded". That was all uploaded to the scanner.

When I press PROG and go to one of the control channels, I see the frequency and mode (MO) I entered, but it doesn't do anything. I'm not sure what is supposed to happen on the display, but I see the frequency I entered, the mode, and a static diesel engine sound that interestingly cannot be silenced with squelch. The alternate control channels can be squelched. If I switch the mode to FM, it will occasionally switch to DG and the audio will go silent.

What am I doing wrong? If I tune into one of the Anoka voice channels I will pick up random voices transmissions, so that seems good.

sloped39

I am curious where you are and if you can receive Isanti?
I am located in Bradford TWP Off Hwy 47 and cannot get anything from Isanti, I get Anoka and Sherburne.

eesz34

I am curious where you are and if you can receive Isanti?
I am located in Bradford TWP Off Hwy 47 and cannot get anything from Isanti, I get Anoka and Sherburne.

I'm in southern Anoka County. I'm getting lots of conversations from various TGs but haven't really noticed where most are coming from. Don't recall any from Isanti for the ones I looked up on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.