Anoka County Scanner Club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxHunter44

I live in Anoka County and was wondering if there is an active scanner club for the country, where and when they meet, and is there a contact person?

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
There is a loose group of people metro wide that get together on occasion, but i have never heard of any formal radio club other than the Anoka county Ham radio club... But for those of us who are not ham's, there is nothing out there except the metro wide unorganized group of people (nothing against anyone of us, but we lack the amount of organization that other scanner groups do like CARMA).

For the record, i am an Anoka County resident...

FoxHunter44

Thanks M&M, for the info. There used to be a Twin City scanner club many years ago (25+ now that I think of it!) but I have been out of the scene somewhat. I just got a HP-1, and was looking to compare notes and talkgroups, etc. with someone. Thanks for responding.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Watch this forum in the future for information about the metro scanner meeting. I'm guessing there is going to be one in the next few months. We usually meet at a Davanni's or similar place and do pretty much what you're looking for. Like mmtstc says we're pretty loosely organized and dont have set times that we meet. But its usually a pretty good group of guys.

FoxHunter44

Thanks for the info, and I would be interested in attending. Which Davanni's are you talking about, as there are several in Anoka County.

Geno KDX0C

Status
Not open for further replies.