Another agency in SJ County goes digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Today San Joaquin County Community College Police switched over to P25 for their dispatch. Thankfully not encrypted like Manteca. Delta Wireless is the comm shop installing all the P25 systems (Tracy, Manteca, Ripon, etc) so I'm sure they pushed it.

Not something I normally listen to but have fun if it's your thing.... 453.7375 NAC 501

cousinkix1953

Most of these schools are always griping about not having the $$$ for this and that. This must be the biggest catfight between the governor and legislature every year. Students rioted in Berkeley and did almost $100K worth of property damage in Santa Cruz over prices going up.

Why are these beauracrats wasting tax dollars on digital radios which sound just like a cheapie CB radio on the side of channels 36-40?

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
another tremendous waste of money for delta college

"shima this is locke shima this is locke.. it was just a cat all clear"

digital and encrypted is the only way that conversation should happen

cousinkix1953

so sjco so is going full p25 enc by jun?
This is ridiculous. Serious crimes rarely happy on community college campuses, and the local police of sheriff's office is called in on those occasions. There is no need for this kind of expense.

Some of those UC's are learning the hard way, that their fancy Motorola TRS is not compatible with the radios in use by local police and fire departments. So they are switching to radios which are more useful. In that case, sjco should be purchasing equipment that is similiar to the local police or sheriff department.

We had a MS-13 gang murder the other night. Three DOAs. The UC campus police were fully aware of what's going on, simply because they are using the same kind of conventional VHF radios instead of the "in house" TRS. Several agencies switched to the sheriff's "red" channel and every LEA has it in their radios around here too.

Last edited:

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
well i am sure los rios is being used as a guinea pigs of sorts for the sac county system

they dont need digital - nobody needs digital.. except your cell phone

unless you have simulcast sites in about as many places as cell phone sites.. digital radio is kind of a joke unless you dont have any bldgs or any mtns in the way

cause we all know how well your cell phones work in ALL areas huh?

strange how your analog cell phone worked almost everywhere huh .. even in low signal areas

who would think that? lol

"yeah but we have federal grant money" ahh that means it's free huh money falls from the skies

ssd

At scc lrpd can't ues there xtx2500 p25 2000$ radios in most of the room the camps and at arc
Too. But when there are in the open they are ok to here thank god they ant enc too

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Guys, don't turn this thread in to an encryption rant or an I Hate Trunking rant thereby inviting the rest of the forum community to jack the thread.

SJ County P25 or go somewhere else.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
They just got 3 new UHF channels with digital emission. Check the APCO database.
They still need licenses to transmit on them.

Since it's difficult for others to provide details I'll do the leg work. Port of Stockton has been coordinated to use 453.4125, 453.5625 and 453.7875.

Status
Not open for further replies.