Another Barnegat Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilz311

Just turned on my radio when I heard Forked River's Siren. I'm hearing on Barnegat PD's channel talks of evacuating several houses. Is there another fire, or is this related to the brush fire yesterday?

Last edited:

DJ88

I don't know if it's tied in with the brush fire this morning (I missed that call) but what's going on now (3:45 PM) is major. It's been burning all afternoon. Extensive mutual aid response, County Mobile Command Unit also there. They're expecting the wind to pick so they're evacuating homes on Brookville Road as a precaution in case the back fire doesn't hold, County Fire Police were just hit out for a forest fire in Stafford so this one may be burning in both Barnegat and Stafford. Anyone monitoring, the Barnegat Conventional Fire Repeater frequency is being used as well as the County TRS.

I just found this on the Press website (4 PM)
http://www.app.com/article/20100320...h-fire-as-firefighters-battling-to-contain-it

Last edited:

scary04

i heard the call for the Stafford brush fire as the call was transmitted. They called all zone 5 responders and had many command units respond.

Devilz311

Anyone monitoring, the Barnegat Conventional Fire Repeater frequency is being used as well as the County TRS.

I completely forgot about that repeater... I have it in my portable, but it's not in any scan lists. Barnegat PD sounded pretty slammed trying to coordinate all of the evacuations and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.