Another BearTracker 885 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvilla78

Does the CB side of this scan the CB channels? This is my first digital scanner and my first CB radio. We are beginning a long road trip next week and I really wanted to have the scanner, but now I'm getting excited about being able to listen and respond on the CB radio while traveling. Seems like it should be able to scan both sides... I just haven't figured it out.

KB4MSZ

Billy
Premium Subscriber
I looked at the manual for this radio and it looks like the scanning feature only works on FM signals, so not on the CB mode of the radio. If this thing had SSB I would have already bought one.

SPECIFICATIONS

GENERAL:
Channel: CB: 40 AM (4W)
Scanner: FM Only

I'm including the manual for the radio

Attachments

• BEARTRACKER 885om.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

tvengr

Well Known Member
This is my first digital scanner and my first CB radio.
Be advised that the scanning is very limited. You will receive frequencies and talkgroups with the service types of Law Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, EMS Dispatch, and Public Works only. You will not receive Tac frequencies and talkgroups.

jvilla78

Thanks! I only plan to use this unit in the van for road trips and such... I'll most likely get equipment with more functions as I dive deeper into this world of radios. But, for now it's fine. I can listen to the main talkgroups in my area on the police and fire side. EMS (or EMSA, here) seems to be encrypted, probably due to HIPAA laws.

And I am quickly finding the CB guys are all on channel 19. No scanning needed in town, anyways. We'll see when I get out on the road next week.

Thank you for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.