Another Blue Tooth Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitetrain5

Premium Subscriber
OK I read several posts regarding the use of bluetooth to listen to the scanner. I purchased a Jabra A210 adapter and tried a Jabra BT530 and Moto H375 for earpieces. I can't get any audio through either ear piece. Going by the flashing lights on the pieces, it appears that they are paired up..... but no sound. At the risk of beating the subject to death, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Three quick things to check that all stumped me when I set mine up;
a) earpiece volume set on high
b) scanner is locked on to something you can hear (set it to NOAA or some other continuous voice broadcast)
c) pairing is not always instantaneous. I found that mine took up to 20 seconds on the first attempt. 20 seconds is a long time in a world where everything else happens fast.

N

N_Jay

Are you sure you are converting from the cellular (TX - RX Audio) style plug to the earphone (R - L Audio) style plug?

nitetrain5

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure you are converting from the cellular (TX - RX Audio) style plug to the earphone (R - L Audio) style plug?
I'm not really sure about the style plug. I'm using an adapter to go from the 2.5mm to 3.5mm and the jabra adapter as well as the 3.5mm adapter have two black rings which I assumed were the same..... I wasn't aware of tx/rx audio and r-l audio plugs being different other than size. Mmmmmm.. maybe I should look into that further. Thanks

nitetrain5

Premium Subscriber
Did you try different swich posions that adjusts for the different types of bluetooth devices?
I did try each switch several times. I'm still tinkering around trying to get it to work. Thanks

nitetrain5

Premium Subscriber
Three quick things to check that all stumped me when I set mine up;
a) earpiece volume set on high
b) scanner is locked on to something you can hear (set it to NOAA or some other continuous voice broadcast)
c) pairing is not always instantaneous. I found that mine took up to 20 seconds on the first attempt. 20 seconds is a long time in a world where everything else happens fast.
I tried the ear piece at all different levels, had the scanner tuned to constant traffic, and I waited ,and waited,and waited. The led's did flash after a while which seemed to indicate they were paired.....but I'm not positive of that. Thanks for your help

ilgrant

I'm using the Bluetooth adapter (same model as yours) with the 2.5 to 3.5 mm adapter from RS. It should work unless there is something wrong with the Bluetooth adapter.

One thing that I remember and just tried it here...make sure that the 2.5 is plugged into the 3.5 adapter all the way. On the Radio Shack one it feels like it's plugged in. A little more pressure and then there is a loud 'click'.

My switch on the adapter is set to 1 and works fine on the two Uniden receivers I have. Make sure the adapter is the stereo type with three connections. There are some that may have 4 and may not work.

From a troubleshooting standpoint I would see if the adapter works on a receiver that doesn't require the adapter.

nitetrain5

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Hi much thanks to everyone for your help! I finally figured out what was wrong. The 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter I was using was accidentally stero on one end and female side was mono thus not picking up the signal. Works like a charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.