SDS100/SDS200: Another Broken Battery Door Clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
So we had a little accident last week. While unloading some stuff from the back of the car, I placed my SDS100 on a table in the garage. For one brief moment, I thought of telling my wife to be careful around the radio. But then I thought, "Naaaaaah. I'm sure she saw me put it there and will be extra careful, knowing how much I love that radio."

[Cut to a tight shot of my hand], picking up the pieces of my beloved radio from the garage floor...
😩
It actually wasn't as bad as it sounds, but the battery clip door was broken. Still, I feared the worst... having to send the radio to Uniden for repair. Fortunately, I found some replacement clips on eBay and was able to fix the radio myself. It took all of five minutes from start to finish.

Still, I gave a lot of thought to the possibility that it could have been a fatal fall. Not wanting to ever be without my SDS100, I ordered a new one to use as a backup. That radio will either sit safely on my desk at home, or be stored in the box until it is needed. I suppose I could also do a bit of load balancing, now that I have two handheld radios.

Anyway. the moral to the story is... be careful with your radios!! I really feel like I dodged a bullet here and don't need that kind of anxiety again. :oops:SDS100s.pngSDS100s.png

omlbed

Premium Subscriber
They are top heavy. I've found that using one of the many stands is most helpful in improving their stability and preventing a fall injury.

Ubbe

I found some replacement clips on eBay
You forgot to link to them. There are 4 different ads for clips on Ebay. Which one did you order from and successfully used on your scanner?

Your new SDS100 probably has new hardware that are different from the old one. Keep an eye out for any different behavior between them, if you sometime scan the same systems, and please report back to the forum of your findings.

/Ubbe

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
I ordered my replacement battery doors from Bartsscannerparts on eBay. I was very happy with quick turnaround and good quality parts. Easy installation and good fit.
My original battery door met it's demise when I took the scanner into the bathroom and accidently knocked it over onto the hard tire floor.
For those Seinfeld fans out there I wonder if taking an SDS100 into the bathroom voids the warranty?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Ubbe

My guess would be this one... Has a pretty high seller rating...

I can't speak for their battery clips, but I have purchased other items from this seller and was very happy with the quality and overall experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.