Another Cape May County,NJ FIRST

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

I was doing my usual cruise around town and heard "Cape May County Communications to US Cost Guard. on 16 for a radio check......" This is the first time I've heard any government base unit besides t he Coast Guard itself on Channel 16 (156.8000) I've heard on Channel 16

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
A different twist. Coast Guard Station Erie, PA is now on the Erie Co public safety radio system. Excellent results when working water rescues with various agencies.

jaymatt1978

Here's the thing since the Coast Guard is stationed in Cape May they take 99% of the "Marine emergency calls" and they might send crews out to assist blah blah blah, not too impressive. ALSO people tend to forget 16 is emergency AND CALLING. All day long I hear boats calling the local marina on 16 daily and they switch to channel 9 . I get excited when I hear unusual stuff like Lower Township fire boat on the marine channels. I heard a Navy boat on I think Marine channel 12 once. I "knew" Cape May County Communications HAD marine radio in their center but never heard it to confirm it...until today. For me I know the frequencies, it's exciting knowing they are in the radios

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I was on the Jersey City NJ fire boat and we were just a tad bit north of the GWB when we heard Rockland County calling Sector NY about a crane that fell over on the Tappan Zee Bridge, I called Rockland County and told them that we were responding to their crane collapse. You should have heard the uncertainty in his voice when he answered me. LoL He said he had FD responding and 2 Rockland County Police boats, we arrived a few minutes before the police boats and before the FD. LoL The construction safety boat picked up on worker who was in the water, the other worker was down a caisson, we tied up and got out, but there was nothing could do and FD was arriving. In JC the Deputy and Battalion chiefs, Rescue 1 and Fire Dispatch have marine radio capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.