Another Day-Another Issue(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larkin71

Premium Subscriber
A strange thing, our local state highway patrol has disappeared from my data base. Its on one of my favorites lists, but nowhere else. I don't know why. Also, I had used a post here to change my display from the default like this:
http://i.imgur.com/Sl2xyv6.jpg
To this:
http://www.walcottcb.com/images/BCD536HP.jpg
It reset when I redid the favorites list and now, I can't get it back. Thanks in advance for any help.

eaf1956

Feed Provider

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Not knowing what specific system you mean by "our local state highway patrol" I cannot perform any diagnostic.

phask

Premium Subscriber
A strange thing, our local state highway patrol has disappeared from my data base. Its on one of my favorites lists, but nowhere else. I don't know why. Also, I had used a post here to change my display from the default like this:
http://i.imgur.com/Sl2xyv6.jpg
To this:
http://www.walcottcb.com/images/BCD536HP.jpg
It reset when I redid the favorites list and now, I can't get it back. Thanks in advance for any help.

50 states, probably 50 state highway patrol or equiv. No location in your profile and none in the post.

What do you mean by "My database"? The entire DB - something you created ?

So with that much info. - I'm going to guess "operator error?.

Larkin71

Premium Subscriber

Attachments

• 10338650_10152490586951445_2542379367043016424_o.jpg
    10338650_10152490586951445_2542379367043016424_o.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 823

phask

Premium Subscriber

Larkin71

Premium Subscriber
Ha! I'm in upside mode. I take the scanner to work every day and this way, the speaker is on top. Very handy. When I get home, I switch it back and then plug it into my fm transmitter so I can listen anywhere in the house.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Upside-down has been possible since at least the BCD996T.

There is no way you could have deleted the channels from the Main dB. Maybe you set your location outside of the department's range?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Location Control issue?

Quick Key Issue (FL/System/Department)?

Service Type selection issue?

If you see it listed in youe "Grand Lakes Are..." Favorites List by checking that in Sentinel or on the scanner with Manage Favorites, then the channel is "there". Then it becomes a question of whether it is avoided some way.

You can review your avoids by , on the scanner, Manage Favorites>(Select the FL)>Review Avoids.

Eng74

I know there was a problem in the last update to the PSR-800 data this last week. I don't know if the same problem will affect the Uniden's updates as well.

Larkin71

Premium Subscriber
Well, the problem was/is seeing the frequency in the data base on the sentinel software's "full data base". It never left my Grand Lake Favorites list, so what I did this morning was just go ahead and wittle away everything in that favorite list except for the highway patrol. It actually worked, I was pretty happy this morning to get them back. I noticed that maybe its "region 5" but post 6? Maybe I was looking for it wrong, I'll try to check tonight, I should be able to get a moment and plug it back into my computer to have a look. So far so good, I have a couple of old scanners, one at home, and one at work, and both still receive several of the analog frequencies still used today and the BCD536 picks them up too, so I know at least, I'm not missing anything major. All is well, and sorry if I got a little frustrated. I keep reminding myself, I have years and years ahead with this radio, and there's no rush to "know it all", I have nothing but time. Thanks to everyone for your patience. So many terms to learn, so many buttons to press and so many ideas of things I want to do, like buy a 32gb card and record all the time so I can always go back and hear things. As a newsguy, that's an exciting thought. Same with custom sounds and lights too.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
OSP District 5, OSP Post 5 (Wapakoneta) is in the current main database.

While there was a glitch during an FTP transfer Monday morning that prevented the database from posting, I'm not aware of any data issues with the most recent database updates.

Steve2003

One of the things you can do to quickly find and check a department/channel is the following:

1. Do a system hold on the system the talkgroup is programmed in.

2. Press the channel button. The scanner will hold one one of the talkgroups already in the system (you don't have to be receiving a transmission when you do this).

3. Key in the actual talkgroup ID listed in the RR database (not a number tag). If it is a EDACS AFS talkgroup enter .. (dot dot) to add the dash. After entering the talkgroup press the Channel button again.

The scanner will jump to the talkgroup you just keyed in. From here you can see what department the channel is in. Make sure AVOID isn't listed next to the System, Department, or Channel.

You should also see the function tag next to the channel (Law Dispatch, Law Tac, etc). You will want to make sure the service type shown is enabled.

Here is a PDF that details how I programmed my BCD536HP. On page 4 I explain and provide screenshots on how to jump to a talkgroup by keying in the TalkgroupID:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmccsnuy41gukvl/BCDx36HP_Programming_Layout.pdf

AC2OY

OSP District 5, OSP Post 5 (Wapakoneta) is in the current main database.

While there was a glitch during an FTP transfer Monday morning that prevented the database from posting, I'm not aware of any data issues with the most recent database updates.

Thanks Paul that explains why she didn't update yesterday!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Where do you set 3 line mode tried to find it under display options and don't see it

While holding on a channel press Func+9. That will alternate between the 2 display modes.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.