Another Display Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber
While scanning my scan lists, the lowest line of the display flashes the trunked SYSTEM names it is scannigt at that instant.....

Any way that can be changed such that it displays the SCAN LIST names while it is scanning thru?

Been looking, but can't find how to do it, if it is, indeed, possible.

(PSR500)

ScannerSK

Any way that can be changed such that it displays the SCAN LIST names while it is scanning thru?(PSR500)

Unfortunately, this is not possible. The reason this is not possible is that the scanner does not scan through scan lists. Rather, the scanner scans through objects (from the lowest numbered object to the highest numbered object).

Shawn

N8IAA

Grumpy, in Win500 on the general settings page, you should see the Scanlist window. You can alphatag the Scanlists here. It will show up on the bottom of the screen while scanning the lists. When the scanner stops on a TG, the alphatag for the TG and the system/scanlist name will flash. To see the TG name longer, set the LCD blink On to a value of '20', and the Off to '250' (this setting is on the General settings page in the middle). If you are asking about having TSYS on the bottom line when stopped on the TG show the scanlist, no.
HTH,
Larrry

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber
I guess I didn't think this one thru at all.....:roll:

Chalk that up to the time of night....if one talk group is assigned to various lists, then, geeeez.....

Oh well, get I got my moron card stamped one more time :lol:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I guess I didn't think this one thru at all.....:roll:

Chalk that up to the time of night....if one talk group is assigned to various lists, then, geeeez.....

Oh well, get I got my moron card stamped one more time :lol:
Well, don't get your card "stamped" on this one.

In actuality, the TSYS objects themselves do not belong to any specific scan list. Their talkgroups do, but the parent TSYS object, which bears the name of the system, does not. Look at the TSYS objects tab of Win500, and you'll see there is no way to assign the system itself to a list. Only the talkgroups can be so linked.

As Larry has already noted, you can edit the scan list names, which is what I have done on my PSR-500. But while scanning, you'll see the trunked systems names, along with the text tags for the programmed conventional objects, scroll by at the bottom of the screen. When the scanner stops on a transmission, then you'll see one of the two displays below:
CONV object:
Scan list name (or number if no name was entered) <<alternating with>>CONV object text tag
TGRP object:
TSYS (trunked system) name <<alternating with>> TGRP object text tag.

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber
Well, don't get your card "stamped" on this one.

In actuality, the TSYS objects themselves do not belong to any specific scan list. Their talkgroups do, but the parent TSYS object, which bears the name of the system, does not. Look at the TSYS objects tab of Win500, and you'll see there is no way to assign the system itself to a list. Only the talkgroups can be so linked.

As Larry has already noted, you can edit the scan list names, which is what I have done on my PSR-500. But while scanning, you'll see the trunked systems names, along with the text tags for the programmed conventional objects, scroll by at the bottom of the screen. When the scanner stops on a transmission, then you'll see one of the two displays below:
CONV object:
Scan list name (or number if no name was entered) <<alternating with>>CONV object text tag
TGRP object:
TSYS (trunked system) name <<alternating with>> TGRP object text tag.

Thank you sir. Appreciate your graciousness. Still learning this beast. It's a FAR cry from my 235XLT to be sure......:cool:

Awesome scanner that PSR-500...I'm having a great time.

SCPD

QRT
Awesome scanner that PSR-500...I'm having a great time.

Yes ... contrary to what a lot of Uniden people think, the PSR500 is an excellent scanner. Even though I paid like about 800$ for mine (I am in Canada and our dollar was like worth 65 cents US) I never regret buying it. I use mine for Edacs and Conventional freq. listening.

The only thing that I wish it had was the record feature of the PSR800.

Status
Not open for further replies.