Another feature req for the BCDx36hp's

Status
Not open for further replies.

y84media

How about being able to set the volume for the WX alert. That thing went off for the first time and I tinkled down my leg. Scared the crap out of everyone on the house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LiquidPandora

It's Loud for a Reason, Considered just turning it off ?

How about being able to set the volume for the WX alert. That thing went off for the first time and I tinkled down my leg. Scared the crap out of everyone on the house.

Adding the ability for anyone that has heard the alert is ridiculous.. and turning it down you might as well not even have it.. the Crazy loud sound is to do exactly what it did to you and yours.. Get your Attention.... If you or someone, Some Average Joe Blow can turn it down they would and it's Useless to have that ability the second you can turn it down... I recommend that if your Bladder and your Family can't take the Alerts that you don't use it... That way people that Understand why it's so loud can continue to use it. and Also they State in Black and white that its LOUD!!!... and why.. In fact I think I read it on this site... start putting in search terms and see what pops up... it was a good explanation. :D I just don't recall the source place. :roll:

y84media

Adding the ability for anyone that has heard the alert is ridiculous.. and turning it down you might as well not even have it.. the Crazy loud sound is to do exactly what it did to you and yours.. Get your Attention.... If you or someone, Some Average Joe Blow can turn it down they would and it's Useless to have that ability the second you can turn it down... I recommend that if your Bladder and your Family can't take the Alerts that you don't use it... That way people that Understand why it's so loud can continue to use it. and Also they State in Black and white that its LOUD!!!... and why.. In fact I think I read it on this site... start putting in search terms and see what pops up... it was a good explanation. :D I just don't recall the source place. :roll:

Could a moderator please remove LiquidPandora's insulting & un-constructive comment?

FYI, I'm an NOAA trained spotter (I'm familiar with the need for weather alert radios, and severe weather), we have 3 weather radios here in the house (all of which have volume settings btw), and you don't know me or my Family, so you can leave them out of your forum Rambo drive by insult posts.

My scanner was less than a foot away from me when it went off, and I feel that it being that close doesn't have to be loud enough to put someone into A-Fib. It's unnecessarily loud.

Yes, good idea, I won't use it because clearly it's meant for people who are hard of hearing or in a very loud environment. It was quiet where I was, I heard the other radios going off in the house, I didn't need what sounded like being under the hood of a car and some smart-*** honk the horn.

So, that said, I think what I was requesting was a fair request and I wasn't being unreasonable at all. But thanks. I'll read what you said about my family to them, so I hope you feel the satisfaction in knowing that the people you insulted DID receive the insults you meant for them. Why not come by & kick our dogs while you're at it?

Last edited:

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
It's not a fire alarm in a public building, it's an alert feature on a personally-owned and operated electronic device. By all means the user should be able to define at which level he or she would like to be alerted at!

FlashP

To qualify as being a 'public alert' radio, it must have a minimum volume level.

CEA-2009-B

y84media

For a device intended for "home use". Doesn't make sense to me. All I suggested is that the volume be able to be controlled. That's all.

Sent from my iPhone, because it rules!

LiquidPandora

To qualify as being a 'public alert' radio, it must have a minimum volume level.

CEA-2009-B

I knew it was something like that but was not quit sure how to word it.... but still makes my point.. it's set at a high level for a reason :eek:) if you don't like that level then use a different radio for that function and place it in a room where it won't make you TINKLE when it goes off......... It's what I would do if Loud sudden sounds bothered me int hat way... :D

y84media

No worries, I haven't used this function since, and never will. It was merely a suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone, because it rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.