Another Frequency Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehssooner14

I was listening to my scanner today at my home about 10 miles north of Emporia. I was just playing ariound and did a frequency scan in the 800 mHz range. I picked up something on 820.7375. It came in very clear (no static at all) and what I was hearing seemed to be a game show (Crosswords) which included commercial breaks with a commercial for cox cable. Anyone know what this is and where its from?

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
ehssooner14 said:
I was listening to my scanner today at my home about 10 miles north of Emporia. I was just playing ariound and did a frequency scan in the 800 mHz range. I picked up something on 820.7375. It came in very clear (no static at all) and what I was hearing seemed to be a game show (Crosswords) which included commercial breaks with a commercial for cox cable. Anyone know what this is and where its from?
could have been an image hit from another freq.
try math using your IF freq of your scanner
add or subtract it to see if it hits a tv channle or cable channle.
most all tv channels CATV and over the air analogs aural channels end in xxx.7500 mhz
hence why your getting the xxx.7375 hit it is a wide band fm signal.

You may have a CATV coax leaking in your hood. be sure to check your house first
a common problem is those pesky jumpers between the vcr and the tv sets, the one with the built in 75 to 300 ohm adapters. they leak like a sive....

ehssooner14

I don't think it was my tv because they were showing (I was hearing) ads for local businesses in Emporia. I have satellite tv which does not recieve local channels. Later on in the evening (6 hours after I first heard something on this frequency) I was on my way to town and I decided to try the frequency again and i was a good 3-4 miles from my house and it was still very clear. This time american Idol was on. Could this be a broadcast from a local tv station, or studio? Closest I think is in topeka.

Status
Not open for further replies.