Another HP-1 future change request: À la carte Extreme Update optiions/pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

t_shuffle

I think $80 is fair for the trunked system analysis, band scope, rf power plot, trunking discovery, and lcn stuff, and that $20 would be fair for the standard scanner stuff like front panel entry, simple limit searches, and remote control not being disabled.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Remote control protocol is available, but not in the Sentinel software, but maybe Butel will add it.
The direct frequency entry is available in the basic firmware. Press Menu, Advanced, Quick frequency entry.
Limits can be added in Sentinel as a favorite in Extreme, but the Bandscope is a much better feature IMHO. It's more like a real time spectrum analyser. Conventional discovery is a limit search that will save any found frequencies and sub audible codes and save the audio for later review.

http://info.uniden.com/HomePatrol/HomePatrolExtreme

Last edited:

t_shuffle

Remote control protocol is available, but not in the Sentinel software, but maybe Butel will add it.
The direct frequency entry is available in the basic firmware. Press Menu, Advanced, Quick frequency entry.
Limits can be added in Sentinel as a favorite in Extreme, but the Bandscope is a much better feature IMHO. It's more like a real time spectrum analyser. Conventional discovery is a limit search that will save any found frequencies and sub audible codes and save the audio for later review.

http://info.uniden.com/HomePatrol/HomePatrolExtreme

Remote control will not be available via any third party software without first purchasing Extreme. Connecting the HP-1 without Extreme to a computer stops all monitoring and puts it into USB mass storage mode.

Quick frequency entry is only good for one freq at a time, and they cannot be be saved or added to a list.

I just think it would be nice if the basic scanner functionality parts the Extreme update could be purchased separately.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
i say just lower the price of the upgrade back to $50... I know a bunch of people that would buy it at $50 but wont buy it at $100.

I also would update my other units with the extreme upgrade as well at $50.. but not at $100

RMarlow

Premium Subscriber
I would really like to see a Priority Function available on the next update. Multiple channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.