Another new guy needs help in Larimer County!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hancock

I am new to digital trunked systems here in CO. I have enjoyed scanning for 30 years but never in the digital mode. Now I am trying to catch up - I have a BC996, live in Fort Collins, with Butel software. I am new to the area and totally lost on programing! I know you probabily hate these type of posts. I am not sure I am in the right location - but I am trying it.

I need help setting up my 996 and actually seeing it work!!!!

I kinda understand some of the basics, I am looking for a mentor - Help Please.

If you could pass along files of your setups perhaps I could start to play there.

Are there any locals that get together and talk "shop" and might be able to help me?

Thanks For any consideration.

jfab

Welcome to the Colorado Forum! The only advice I can give you is to check the database. Most of Larimer County is now on the State Digital system(DTRS). Check there for Control Channels(probably Horsetooth would be your best bet)and Talkgroups. Maybe somebody up north could send him some files??

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Larimer County SO is actually still VHF.

DTRS TG's remain testing.

Jim<

rickak

996 files

The attached file contains my configs for the larimer/weld county area DTRS and larimer county conventional freqs. You can PM me if you need help getitng them to work.

Rick

Attachments

• larimer996.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 25

cstockmyer

hancock said:
I am new to digital trunked systems here in CO. I have enjoyed scanning for 30 years but never in the digital mode. Now I am trying to catch up - I have a BC996, live in Fort Collins, with Butel software. I am new to the area and totally lost on programing! I know you probabily hate these type of posts. I am not sure I am in the right location - but I am trying it.

I need help setting up my 996 and actually seeing it work!!!!

I kinda understand some of the basics, I am looking for a mentor - Help Please.

If you could pass along files of your setups perhaps I could start to play there.

Are there any locals that get together and talk "shop" and might be able to help me?

Thanks For any consideration.

Welcome to the Forum! Feel free to post any questions you may have..people here are nice and always willing to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.