Another new N-WIN Site on the air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Pro96com, showing 173.8250 as a new neighbor to Norfolk as of this afternoon.

Only details I got is this is site 175 (TO14B) in failed, current status. I am unable to receive any data due to some sort of local interference, sounds like computer generated high pitched noise. Still there even when I unplug my Pro106 from the computer:(

My thinking is that this tower may be Jones Creek. I also looked at Humphrey tower and did not show this tower as a neighbor, which would probably throw out Cedar Bluffs and Craig at this point.

nebraskabarnes, this may be your tower, can you give us more info if this tower is near you???

SCPD

QRT
It ain't Cedar Bluffs. I have been search the Fed band here in Elkhorn for the past week nothing. Maybe after work the band will open up and be able to receive something new.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Per Pro96com, showing 173.8250 as a new neighbor to Norfolk as of this afternoon.

Only details I got is this is site 175 (TO14B) in failed, current status. I am unable to receive any data due to some sort of local interference, sounds like computer generated high pitched noise. Still there even when I unplug my Pro106 from the computer:(

My thinking is that this tower may be Jones Creek. I also looked at Humphrey tower and did not show this tower as a neighbor, which would probably throw out Cedar Bluffs and Craig at this point.

nebraskabarnes, this may be your tower, can you give us more info if this tower is near you???

Hey, Rich!

Good find! Your local interference may be causing you problems due to the fact that the Jones Creek tower site (GPS=42 20 34N, 096 33 08W) is nearly 50 miles as the crow flies.

Now, we just need to have a little fill-in from 176 and 177! Wouldn't that be great to have those in Omaha and Plattsmouth, respectively? I'll finally be able to listen to N-WIN reliably!

73s

Thanks, George. Perhaps Elgin tower will be penciled in to be turned up. Besides the distance between Jones Creek and Norfolk, I also have quite a bit of hilly terrain to the north and east. If I had more time today, I would drive towards Jones Creek.

Jones Creek

Not a peep from 173.8250. If it is Jones Creek, it would be blasting me out of here, I can see the tower from my house.

Maybe they shut it off for the weekend and going to fire it back up again, so I will continue to monitor.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
Not a peep from 173.8250. If it is Jones Creek, it would be blasting me out of here, I can see the tower from my house.

Maybe they shut it off for the weekend and going to fire it back up again, so I will continue to monitor.

Same experience here.... FWIW, I'm told the transmitter is/will be on a tower at the Gill Landfill near Jackson.

No big deal. I am still showing T175 failed/current. 10/01/2011. I do recall the Humphrey Tower stuck in failed/current a while back when it was on the network but not sending control channel data. The control channel also moved up a notch a week later after Humphrey started sending out data.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
It "appears" Site 175 has disappeared. Not showing in on Pro96com this morning. Perhaps the radio techs taken it off line for the time being.

Stay tuned!

Howdy Rich and all!

Falls City (172.775) is in the same condition, I believe - the last time I heard that site on the air was last Wednesday evening. At that time, Pro96Com reported a status of "Connected" but showed no neighbors.

I haven't heard anything out of SE Nebraska since last Wednesday evening.

On a different note, I believe new antennas have appeared on the Cass County Sheriff's Plattsmouth Tower, near the old KOTD(AM) broadcast array, so it may not be much longer before Control Channel data is heard in these parts.

I'll continue to keep an "ear open" for new P25 traffic in SE Nebraska and will report on what I find!

Status
Not open for further replies.