Another newbie problem/question

Status
Not open for further replies.

skipfitz

Premium Subscriber
Downloaded Freescan and am a premium member but can't get freescan to connect to RR. When I click on "conncet" after putting in user name and password, it just sits there. "Connecting" appears in the lower left corner but nothing happens.

thanks in advance

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Have you installed the drivers for you cable?:)

He's trying to connect to the RR database over the internet using Freescan, that would have nothing to do with cable drivers.

To skipfitz, are you by any chance using a satellite service or DSL for your ISP?

N8IAA

Downloaded Freescan and am a premium member but can't get freescan to connect to RR. When I click on "conncet" after putting in user name and password, it just sits there. "Connecting" appears in the lower left corner but nothing happens.

thanks in advance

Could it be that you are a new member, and have only three posts? There are limitations what a brand new member can do.
Larry

skipfitz

Premium Subscriber
I don't know. I thought that once my membership was activated, I had full acess to the data bases thru freescan. I feel like DeadMike's selfie waiting for it to connect

DeadMike

I don't know. I thought that once my membership was activated, I had full acess to the data bases thru freescan. I feel like DeadMike's selfie waiting for it to connect

Hang in there buddy we can figure it out.

Do you have a firewall running that you can temporarily shutdown and possibly try freescan again...?

DeadMike

You are correct I believe. I had two posts yet was paid sub and had no problem connecting to the db.

Try that firewall tip...

skipfitz

Premium Subscriber
Mr. DeadMike, Turned off Norton and got same result. When I try to close freeScan I get a message block that says "freeSCAN.exe is not responding" and takes several minutes to close.

DeadMike

Mr. DeadMike, Turned off Norton and got same result. When I try to close freeScan I get a message block that says "freeSCAN.exe is not responding" and takes several minutes to close.

Usually one of two things is happening when one receives the "...is not responding..." error.

The system is very busy or the application (or possibly the O/S itself) has crashed.

This problem, on top of the inability to connect to the database would have me backing up a little.

Verify your o/s has no pending important updates via microsoft.

Then verify your .net framework is up to date.

Then maybe get a fresh copy of freescan, directly from the publisher at:
https://sites.google.com/site/sixspotsoftware/downloads

skipfitz

Premium Subscriber
Please bear with me . . how does one verify .net framework? Everything else works perfectly, would there be any other indicator of OS crash?

DeadMike

Please bear with me . . how does one verify .net framework? Everything else works perfectly, would there be any other indicator of OS crash?

Hey no problem! To verify .net the easiest thing would be to run windows updates and see if anything is listed as available. If so install it so that it gets updated. Do this for your system as well.

What version of windows are you running?

When you get the error that freescan isn't responding is that during the attempt to connect to the db?

Does freescan seem to work other than connecting to the db?

Tkline

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone gotten this resolved? I received a BCD996XT for Dad's Day and the wife is thinking she bought a paperweight. I've manually programmed some stuff but could really benefit from getting the process sped up.

In FreeScan I receive an Error 503 message when I select connect (After entering my repeatedly verified uername/password). This is at times which I know the RR.com databases are up an running.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

skipfitz

Premium Subscriber
Mike, All:
Checked Microsoft for all updates and was assured that all have been installed and running. Windows 8 by the way.
I get the error when trying to close the program (freescan). Until that time, it just sits there with "connecting" in the message box, lower left corner. How should freescan work if not trying to connect? What should I be able to do? I've just followed the youtube videos for trying to install trunked and conventional system.

thanks forever, skipfitz

skipfitz

Premium Subscriber
Mike:
An afterthought I deleted the freescan program and reloaded from the website

Status
Not open for further replies.