Another "next update" request

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrolocked

Any chance of seeing a "flip display" option? I have a few situations where the antenna would be far more convenient on the other side of the radio....

If i dont ask, i wont get it!

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I haven't checked the new manual but having more characters to use tagging the UID's is great. If I could ask for one thing it would be to choose the colours of my UID tags.

thomast77

Freescan has a check box labelled "flip display upside down" on the "general tab" in "Set Scanner Options". I have never used it and I am not sure if this works with all Uniden DMA scanners or not.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
The flip display works for the base units 15/996... it wont work with the handhelds.

The original poster didnt say what unit they are using but a good guess is the HP-1 Home patrol.. which doesnt run off Freescan so that option wouldnt be work for them.

Good request though... might be something that is possible/do-able.

Freescan has a check box labelled "flip display upside down" on the "general tab" in "Set Scanner Options". I have never used it and I am not sure if this works with all Uniden DMA scanners or not.

hydrolocked

oops... i had originally planned to post in the thread that is now closed... yes.. the HP1

Baskt_Case

I'm no engineer but I don't think that would be possible in an update.

It would probably require a different screen (hardware).

Not likely. A screen just displays what it is told (driven) to display, in this case, specific colors of pixels at specific locations. All of these various pixels, when arranged together and viewed as a whole make the display as you see it now. Flipping the display would just be a firmware/OS thing.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I'm sure it's a hardware (screen) limitation. I believe the screen may be used in other products. Maybe we'll see it in the HP-2 model.

Baskt_Case

I would almost bet money that it is not hardware limited. This is almost certainly a software issue.

I dont think some folks understand how a display actually works. Consider the fact that you can upload custom graphics to your HP-1. Download the default .bmp files from your HP-1, open them with Microsoft Paint, flip them upside down and save them. Now load them back to your HP-1.

They've already added the ability to change font sizes and whatnot. Again, the software is only manipulating what you see. How do I put this? The display is not "aware" of what is "up" or "down". It only knows that it is receiving a command to put X pixel in X location.

A display is only a slave to its driver (the software). For example, your PC is the same way. Many graphics drivers allow you to flip your Windows desktop, even skew it at an angle, or turn it exactly 90 degrees. I can do this even though I'm using a nearly 10 year old CRT.

And the fact that it is touchscreen doesnt change anything. When the display flips, the designated touch sensitive areas would move accordingly.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
The firmware could be adapted to display what you want, but the HP-1 lacks the gyroscope sensor needed to tell the software to rotate like a smartphone or tablet PC. If you just wanted to turn the display vertical in line with the antenna you would need to change all the screen attributes and font in order to see the activity on the display.

Status
Not open for further replies.