Another Noob looking for answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark52

I'm in the Joliet Area and might even know some of you guys IRL.

My problem is that somebody brought a 246XT to me today and wanted me to make it work.

Will County I got working with no problem. Grundy County I seem to have right after searching for band plan answers. EastCom, WesCom, KenCom, Grundy Conventionals, Lincolnway all work fine.

My Problem is with Joliet and I know the problem lies with the custom band plans. Yeah I might be able to figure it out, but since Ron and the rest of you already have the answer, I thought I'd just ask.

So, what Band Plan do I need to put in this guy's 246XT to make the sucker work?

Freqs I got right. IDs are right. Band Plan, not so sure. It seems to work for a while and then vanishes again. Then comes back.

He didn't bring me the CD so I'm pretty much shooting blind...

56.gif

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
You must have the latest ver: as Eric mentioned then put in the system choosing "custom 800, then scroll to the rebanding bandplan menu and put in the 2 bandplans from the Uniden site....Some "t" models with Uniden have trouble with the 852mgz freqys not working...Grundy must have the newer bandplans (3) on the Grundy Co radioreference database page or it will not work....Joliet has a polarity of "+", but Grundy has a polarity of "-"....

Status
Not open for further replies.