Another One Bites The Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Soon anyway.

I was informed Tuscaloosa Will be Going Full Time P25 / Encryption. I was not told when this would occur.

that leaves railroad, fire, ems, state police, business and buses.

N

N_Jay

Sounds like second hard to third hand to me, but I am always sceptical about rumors from anonymous sources.

KJ4TND

Not Suprised

I am the least suprised about this with Calhoun County being encrypted for a few years now andGadsden just now fully encrypted that some others will join the encrypted list after seeing what is going on here in North East Alabama.

N

N_Jay

well if he wants to out himself he can, but i won't do it for him.

He seem to know more details then the average rumor mill, so i tend to believe this guy is reliable.

Not asking for the guys name, just I have seen more wrong information from "another local ham" than good information.

I have also seen some very detailed and convincing (wrong) rumors that "sounded extremely reliable".

Sorry if I seam sceptical, but even if the whole system is encryption ready, still does not mean "Another One Bites The Dust". As they say, Nothing is over until the fat lady sings.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The other thing to consider here is that many folks - hams included - think that P25 and encryption are one and the same. You can have one without the other, but because 'P25' is, to them, elusive and/or misunderstood, it's automatically assumed to be 'encryption'

You know what they say about 'assume' 73 Mike

Randmaster

The Family Geek
Tuscaloosa encrypted? I don't know if that sounds right. I have an uncle that is the lieutenant of TPD. He did say that they were moving to P25, but he didn't say it was going to be encrypted (perhaps that's the term when talking about an analog-only scanner). TFD is P25 and they're not encrypted.

The only agency that I am aware of using possible encryption as of right now is the TCSO. I haven't been able to hear the dispatch in months. Their simulcast system is still a little difficult to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.