Another PRO-95 locked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As seen in a few previous postings, my Pro-95 now displays "All channels locked out ! "

I tried resetting and intializing and the only function I can seem to get is the Marine band. Once the SCAN button is pushed, the unit goes straight to the lockout mode.

Is there any way to restore this unit back to the original default settings that it came with new ?

The owners manual is poorly written and mentions nothing about these kind of problems.

Thanks for reading my gripe.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RadioReference.com !!!

As seen in a few previous postings, my Pro-95 now displays "All channels locked out ! "
This can mean one of two things; nothing is programmed, or nothing that is programmed is selected to be scanned.

I tried resetting and intializing and the only function I can seem to get is the Marine band. Once the SCAN button is pushed, the unit goes straight to the lockout mode.
I would not expect initializing to make any changes. What you need to do is put it in MAN mode and browse through the channels. Press MAN 0 0 0 MAN to get to channel 000. Then use MAN or UP to advance through the channels. Are they programmed? Are they locked out?

Is there any way to restore this unit back to the original default settings that it came with new ?
You just did that with a reinitialization.

The owners manual is poorly written and mentions nothing about these kind of problems.
True. One typical problem is that no banks are selected. So in SCAN mode try pressing each number (0 to 9) and see if that helps. But as mentioned above, if there is now nothing programmed, your only solution is to reprogram it.

Ok thanks for the helpful info.

Now I have to figure out how to program the darned thing, seemingly it's going to take a lonnng time !

Once programmed, will the 'All channels locked out !' disappear ?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-95

Do you have WIN95 (www.starrsoft.com)? And a programming cable? I keep copies of what is programmed on my computers; then when this happens I am back in operation in just minutes.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Ok thanks for the helpful info.

Now I have to figure out how to program the darned thing, seemingly it's going to take a lonnng time !

Once programmed, will the 'All channels locked out !' disappear ?
Under my signature is a link to Programming Shortcuts. Pro95 is listed.

Thank you gentlemen for all the good advice.

I have downloaded the Win95 program and will try to pick up a RS cable for the unit tomorrow, and hopefully will get the unit up and running over the next week.

There is something about having a handheld properly programmed when watching rocket launches at KSC...

Once again, I thank you for all the good help and advice.

I can manually enter channels, but as soon as I hit the scan button, I get the dreaded All Channels Locked out !

One day I will figure it out......I hope.

i think manual freq entry and scan are seperate features,,
so entering 502.2500 and hitting scan will just return it to scan
mode-and if nothing is enabled in the scan list it will give you nada..

try entering a frequency,123.1234 then press ent-or enter,,
press PAUSE to un-pause the manualscan and the LCD should
start decreasing or increasing,,the freq count..

NOTE-by pressing enter,your telling the radio the freq is complete
and ready to pick up traffic..

or enter a freq,123.1234then ENT or ENTER then press the UP or
DOWN key to change incrementally by hand..

your not--Scanning-- a Manually entered frequency,rather just stopped there
listening,,

Last edited:

captncarp

After you hit MANUAL if it shows all zero's you have to
HIT PROGRAM+ENTER FREQUENCY(123.1234)+HIT ENTER.
Just hit PROGRAM or the up Key to go to the next spot to enter a frequency.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I can manually enter channels, but as soon as I hit the scan button, I get the dreaded All Channels Locked out !

One day I will figure it out......I hope.
Press the number associated with the bank to "unlock" that bank. If you entered the frequency into channel 000, and when you press SCAN you get the message, press 0 to enable bank 0 for scanning. If you continue to get the message, make sure you did not lock out the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.