another question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjfswkr

Hi all,
I am trying to program my 396 via the database here on RR forums and I get a message that states "You are importing more than 200 trunk ID's but your scanner can only store 200 TG id's per system"

What does this mean and can this be over come?

Thanks and 73's,

Kevin

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
It means you have reached the talkgroup limit for that system. You can only put 200 talkgroups in a system at a time. If you really want to listen to all 200 talkgroups, you may want to repeat the system frequencies and put the remaining talkgroups into another system file.

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
You may want to break up the TRS into some sort of zones, based on the system, geography, agencies using the system, your liking, etc.

Some examples:

Site/Tower 1, Site/Tower 2
North and South
Police, Fire, Public Works, etc.

Each of the above would contain all the frequencies, but only have the TGIDs for each category or area of coverage.

For me, I just don't put in useless talkgroups like the city janitors, painters, TGIDs that are encrypted (can't hear them anyway), and other non-essential TGIDs. If I had to break up a system, I would do it by agency or agency types (Public Safety, Public Works, Utilities, etc.).

PS. Next time, put a little bit of the subject of your question in the "Title" box. For example, this one could have read something like: "Question: Error on BCD396T if Over 200 TGIDs." Just a friendly suggestion. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.