• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Another Reason to Hate AOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Towpro

AOL can go to....****

Good reporting Bill.....I had some issues with AOL trying to cancel my account as well.
Being a newbie to computers 6 years ago, I had signed on to AOL via dial-up connection.

We bought a new house a year or so later & I was able to get hi-speed cable internet. When I called AOL to cancel, I had to actually explain myself to two different people on why I wanted to cancel. Then the young man chastised me for "using" AOL as training wheels to learn the internet.....LOL

The guy almost had me feeling quilty about the whole damed thing...!!!

Anyway, after I uninstalled all the AOL crap, my pc was running better than ever before :)

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
I had the same issues as the guy in that recording when I canceled AOL years ago. My conversation didn't end as nice as his though. The very second the guy started in with me I let him have it :D

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
I can say the same about my friend who had canceled 10 years ago!

AO hell is a frickin conspiracy anyways. Why? Many reasons, one is your stuck with their own dumb ass Internet.

I don't understand people with wanting to keep an email to justify their use for AO hell. Its like saying their email address is like gas for their car and they can't get a new car, it's ridiculous. Just use a web based type email. Don't spill your guts onto the Internet and give your collogues, friends and relatives the new address by emailing them. Gess, I have a bunch of email address for all different purposes. Sometimes I create one just for other purposes. I take advantage of the Internet and don't let it take advantage of me!

Not another CDi!

Last edited:

Go-24

LMFAO - that guy was way too nice!

It would have taken me just one question to snap!

OMFG - this is Fn hilarious ....

Is that legit? OMG LMAO!

I didnt mean for AOL specifically, I meant for the business world as a whole. Things like sending a phone call to India so that someone who you cant understand and who doesnt understand you can help you with an issue on whatever regardless of how important and urgent you need to speak with someone in english. It's been going down hill for a long time now, just seems to have recently jumped in the fast lane to hell though.

lgentle

I remember AOL. Like 10-12 years ago I think (maybe longer?). It's been A LONG TIME since I had AOL. I had it for a couple of years. It was no where near as painful to drop them then. I think I was paying something like $12.95/month for it then. That was expensive!

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
Go-24 said:
Is that legit? OMG LMAO!
After dealing with those clowns I believe it was legit. I had almost the exact same experience. I even had some issuse with them after the death of my sister last Oct when we needed in her email to find some clues as to what happened. They said they would send me the forums to fill out. Instead of doing that they deleted everything she had and we lost all hope in finding some things out.

CVPI4Ever

my only gripe with AOL is when I call customer service, I get some foreigner that I cannot understand and they cant understand me. I just wish they had more english speaking CSR's. Otherwise, all good.

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
1) AOHell is the most bloated uneeded piece of software ever...it has been shown in the past that ridding a computer of AOL's software will improve computer performance...
2) It is a nightmare trying to leave AOHell for another ISP/Provider...they realize that they are quickly a "sinking ship" and try to keep any unsatisfied customer hostage....

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
My uncle, being new to the whole internet scene, started with the free trial. He called to cancel so he wouldn't be billed and they said, "try it for another month free", after that he called to cancel and guess what, "try it for another month free" after 10 months, they said, "we can't give you any more free trials sir". Haha!! What idiots!

SCPD

CVPI4Ever said:
my only gripe with AOL is when I call customer service, I get some foreigner that I cannot understand and they cant understand me. I just wish they had more english speaking CSR's. Otherwise, all good.
I have always had that problem as well. Although I dont really like AOL, I still have it and choose it over others..just because I like some of the features and stuff..but other than that, I dont really like aol..and I'm not quite sure why I still keep it lol

After dealing with those clowns I believe it was legit. I had almost the exact same experience. I even had some issuse with them after the death of my sister last Oct when we needed in her email to find some clues as to what happened. They said they would send me the forums to fill out. Instead of doing that they deleted everything she had and we lost all hope in finding some things out.
That is the makings for a very large lawsuit.

JoeyC

Duditz511 said:
I have always had that problem as well. Although I dont really like AOL, I still have it and choose it over others..just because I like some of the features and stuff..but other than that, I dont really like aol..and I'm not quite sure why I still keep it lol
Just curious, what features does AOL have that can't be found elsewhere by other means?

CLTX11

tspainiv said:
My uncle, being new to the whole internet scene, started with the free trial. He called to cancel so he wouldn't be billed and they said, "try it for another month free", after that he called to cancel and guess what, "try it for another month free" after 10 months, they said, "we can't give you any more free trials sir". Haha!! What idiots!

Ha, I did the same thing back in like 97, idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.