Another scanner.. With a couple of Questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

westgateblvd

Hi. I was at a estate sale yesterday, and bought a Bearcat scanner. It is a BCD436HP. It was new in the box, so I bought it. I was reading the manual last night and found out that if you just entered the Zip Code it would program the scanner to your area. I put in my zip code, but now there is a bunch of places I don't want. I live in Duluth, Mn. I would listen to St. Louis County. Right across the St. Louis River is Wi. Now St. Louis County was loaded in, but I also have a way to much Wi, and even a few spots in Mi. How do I get rid of all of those other places I don't want.. I have that Sentinel Software installed on the computer, but it doesn't say anything about dumping those other areas.. Thanks

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Read up on the Sentinel program and learn the scanner programming and you can customize it and stream-line it to your preferences. Zip code scanning is a generalization of sorts that invites a little bit of everything into the scanner. Learn how to select the service types you want to monitor, the local systems you want to hear, etc., and how to import them into your scanner from the RadioReference database. Then you make your Favorite Lists the way you want them, and you won't hear what you don't want to. Takes a bit to get the hang of it, but when you do it's a wonderful thing. Feel free to ask specific questions, everybody here usually chips in to answer. Sometimes it is better to direct your questions to people in your locale, i.e., the Duluth, MN area. Good luck and have fun with it!

JD
kf4anc

westgateblvd

Okay. Been working on that software I put on the PC. If I were to get the right cable for the Radio Shack PRO 106. Could I then transfer information into it from this software??

Status
Not open for further replies.