Another Small Plane Problem Sun Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaBrian

Well the cluster has started I think CRFD need to run a 4WD on medic calls like Marion does they can't get any to him besides the sled that took a medic to the plane, what a mess. Sounds like the Airport is going to drive their truck in the field.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I wasn't around for the event to setup a proper event feed. I did notice the Cedar Rapids PD/FD/EMS feed doesn't have airport 1 TG, which is what the plane crash on Saturday night was on.

IowaBrian

Ok no alerts from the airport tonight. to hear that alert go off two nights in a row. i can use a break. the only thing is everyone knew last night was small craft and 1 person, saturday they didn't and you could hear the stress.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Ok no alerts from the airport tonight. to hear that alert go off two nights in a row. i can use a break. the only thing is everyone knew last night was small craft and 1 person, saturday they didn't and you could hear the stress.

It hasn't been 24 hours yet, they are running the incidents at 24 hour intervals.

I dug through my recordings, they ran the operation on "Airport 1" again, which I didn't have unlocked :(

I did notice "Med 1" was being used on the EMS side of things.

IowaGuy1603

Todays news is reporting the pilot didn't have an instrument rating.

I was in downtown CR during the event Sunday night................I was listening to Linn County..................it was a cluster since CR said they were going to handle it, then the aircraft ended up landing in out in the county. Once again no interop working.

IowaBrian

I caught that too it was a cluster from the start, I almost called into dispatch to tell them the Adam unit was with him for 5 minutes before PD and Fire knew about it. They need to sit back and figure out how to handle this type of emergency. I can remember back to when Black Hawk CO lost a officer to a crash with another unit running hot in the T Bone Taylor double murder of 2 police officers. Having all of those units running hot in the same area looking for plane when it was already found, I just crossed my fingers that units wouldn't run into each other and cause a bigger mess.

It is also sad that Swisher had their 4 wheeler there before CRFD. City was happy to give this to county after the fact like you said they blew off county help at first but county had there cars going in that direction just in case.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Once again, whats the point of the AREA 11 Mutual Aid system? What was the goal/purpose of the AREA 11 mutual aid repeaters when it was first built? Anyone know?

Tim

IowaBrian

They could go to state fire they could do a lot of things. Maybe they should buy a couple scanners. I think state picks up crpd on this site and crpd doesn't seem to be able to listen to anything.

IowaGuy1603

Once again, whats the point of the AREA 11 Mutual Aid system? What was the goal/purpose of the AREA 11 mutual aid repeaters when it was first built? Anyone know?

Tim

It was a cheap interop devised by Sgt Bill Mau of the SO----------he and the EMA director at the time got the licenses and set it up so the two VHF users in the area (LC and ISP) could talk to the two UHF users(CRPD & MPD------both were on 460.xxx at the time)

They could go to state fire they could do a lot of things. Maybe they should buy a couple scanners. I think state picks up crpd on this site and crpd doesn't seem to be able to listen to anything.

No CRPD WON'T listen to anyone else.

I have heard ISP cars time and time again call CRPD on Area 11 and not get an answer..........sometimes LC answers for them....sometimes they don't.

The Airport units have BOTH radio systems in their trucks (at least they used to)

IowaGuy1603

I caught that too it was a cluster from the start, I almost called into dispatch to tell them the Adam unit was with him for 5 minutes before PD and Fire knew about it. They need to sit back and figure out how to handle this type of emergency. I can remember back to when Black Hawk CO lost a officer to a crash with another unit running hot in the T Bone Taylor double murder of 2 police officers. Having all of those units running hot in the same area looking for plane when it was already found, I just crossed my fingers that units wouldn't run into each other and cause a bigger mess.

Didn't the Black Hawk deputy hit a civilian........................Also it was a couple days after the murder. The deputy was running to check out a sighting of the moron.when he was in the 10-50. It was the day before the funerals for the Hoying and Rice........ I know that was back when both BH and WPD were on the dispatched out of the same office..................their radio rooms were in the same room back then in the jail area of the court house.
I remember the week well!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.