Another unidentified frequency broadcasting Perry County Fire/EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg1969

I was doing a frequency sweep yesterday on my BC125AT and heard a dispatch for a call in Perry County on 151.205. It also had a tone (DCS411). Anyone know what this is? It is not a frequency listed in the database and I did a search on the FCC database and it turned up nothing within 20 miles of my home. I may do another quick search and expand the range, but it is definitely Perry County Fire/EMS dispatch. I heard the same radio traffic their normal low band frequency. I did e-mail my contact at the County to inquire.

dmg1969

It seems to be a weaker signal than the main low band dispatch frequency. Also, I cannot hear the mobile units unless they are fairly close to me. Still not sure what it is. I never heard back from the person at the county who I asked.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Mobile repeater output maybe? Is there any possibility a Perry Co fire or EMS vehicle is normally near your location? At a residence, business, etc. Or are you far enough out of Perry that there is no possibility of a Perry vehicle being parked near you?

W3DMV

The only one I can find is this: (Listed in db (York Co.)) & at the FCC

WPHZ826 Fairview Township

151.205 FB-2 Location-Reesers Summit

It is active. The CW Ider has been heard several times this morning. . I did not hear any stations being
repeated.. Will ..listen today and advise further....

dmg1969

popnokick: I guess that is a possibility. Never thought of that. I do have at least 3 fire/EMS personnel that live either on my road or an intersecting road. One is a woman who runs with the local ambulance, one is a fire chief and another is fire police (not sure if he is a firefighter or not). So I guess that could be an answer.

W3DMV: It is definitely Perry County that I am hearing. 100% positive of that.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Mobile repeater output maybe? Is there any possibility a Perry Co fire or EMS vehicle is normally near your location? At a residence, business, etc. Or are you far enough out of Perry that there is no possibility of a Perry vehicle being parked near you?

W3DMV

Understand.. I listened the past 16 hours and no hits down here except the CW id'er for
the New Cumberland station I posted and it did not repeat any traffic... It does ID every hour.

The only other things I find are:

New Bloomfield had a license for that frequency (WQCA761)
It was cancelled 5/4/09

The only other one I see is WQAN365 which was issued to Kuhn Radio Comm
and was to be used to demo equipment to perspective buyers. It's a statewide
license...

What happened down here is when York, Cumberland, and Franklin
went to trunking systems, some of the old equipment no longer needed filtered
it's way into the hands of various people. There is all kinds of unlicensed operation
in my area. Over the past year all kinds of people have showed up at my door asking
if I can program this "THING". Many of these units are programmed with former
channels previously used by neighboring counties...

Good hunting. It's always interesting to see what you locate.. It must be lot's of fun
tuning around in the big cities !

My unknown list is two pages long...... ! Take care

lobo8000

I'm thinking 151.2050 used to be in the RRDB for Perry County listed as a "Fire Repeater" or something like that. I've also received Perry Fire on that same frequency and PL from atop the Shade Mountain in Snyder County. It's been a few years though. I don't think I've heard it lately. Most recently I've heard data bursts coming over that frequency.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm thinking 151.2050 used to be in the RRDB for Perry County listed as a "Fire Repeater" or something like that. I've also received Perry Fire on that same frequency and PL from atop the Shade Mountain in Snyder County. It's been a few years though. I don't think I've heard it lately. Most recently I've heard data bursts coming over that frequency.

The old New Bloomfield listing used to be listed in the DB. With the license cancelled and no traffic noticed by anyone, it was deleted last year or the year before. Apparently, now, there is something on the frequency. It is definitely not licensed now, though.

dmg1969

Thanks all for the replies. Still a mystery given that all repeaters are UHF according to Slip. I do have the tower to Comm Center link on 453.4625 programmed. That allows me to hear far away units that I have no possibility of hearing otherwise. I just happened upon this VHF frequency by accident when i was out on the deck smoking. Just decided to do a sweep of the Police service on my portable and there it was.

W3DMV

Don't think the DB is correct for Perry County. 453.4625 is a U-Tac frequency. Perry
does have a license (KB92334). This is a mobile only license for 2 units @ 2 watts and
is limited to a 8 mile radius of New Bloomfield.

Mifflin county has a mountain top license for both fixed base and mobiles. (WPBM260)

The state has multiple mountain top sites licensed utilizing repeaters scattered across
central Pennsylvania. (WQIE494) & (WQIE500)
I would think the traffic received was through one of these repeaters if you were hearing
both sides of the conversation..

There are three sites licensed in Perry Co. (Base stations)
New Bloomfield
Newport
Duncannon.
The last time I was involved in the area, these sites were linked via dedicated leased
land lines and there were no UHF links between the above listed locations. The county
does not have any legit licenses that could be utilized for that type of operation.

Will sift through the DB as time permits. There is several expired licenses listed, Incorrect
call signs, and at least one frequency that belongs to Cumberland Co. There are also
several not in the DB. (Townships)

dmg1969

W3DMV: the description for that frequency (453.4625) came from my contact at the Perry County EMA. When I emailed and asked him what it was, he stated that it "is a link connection between the tower site and the communication center". And I can tell that it is from the Newport tower site because, the closer I get to home in Newport, the stronger the signal gets. I'm just going on what he told me.

Don't think the DB is correct for Perry County. 453.4625 is a U-Tac frequency. Perry
does have a license (KB92334). This is a mobile only license for 2 units @ 2 watts and
is limited to a 8 mile radius of New Bloomfield.

Mifflin county has a mountain top license for both fixed base and mobiles. (WPBM260)

The state has multiple mountain top sites licensed utilizing repeaters scattered across
central Pennsylvania. (WQIE494) & (WQIE500)
I would think the traffic received was through one of these repeaters if you were hearing
both sides of the conversation..

There are three sites licensed in Perry Co. (Base stations)
New Bloomfield
Newport
Duncannon.
The last time I was involved in the area, these sites were linked via dedicated leased
land lines and there were no UHF links between the above listed locations. The county
does not have any legit licenses that could be utilized for that type of operation.

Will sift through the DB as time permits. There is several expired licenses listed, Incorrect
call signs, and at least one frequency that belongs to Cumberland Co. There are also
several not in the DB. (Townships)

Status
Not open for further replies.